Want more power than a 2003..........................

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

While I think that the 2003 Viper will sell, I love the design of the current car, as Im sure most of you will agree. Not to mention that there will not be a GTS(coupe)version for at least 2-3 years.

With that in mind we have put together a package that will make you FASTER and more POWERFULL than a 2003 Viper for less than the difference in invoice cost of a 2002 vs. 2003(which you can't buy anyway without a coupon)

We will guarantee you at least 500 RWHP 500 RWTQ for only 11,295.00 INSTALLED!(this is rear wheel horsepower..the 2003 is rated at 500/500 at the flywheel) You will receive the following upgrades:

BTR Stage 2 Cylinder Heads(exchange)
BTR Camshaft
New Upgraded Lifters
BTR Belangers Headers and Exhaust System
1.7 Ratio Roller Rockers
Chrome Moly Custom Length Pushrods
Gaskets, Oil, Antifreeze and small parts
Installation Labor Included
Performance Guarantee
Dyno Pull (at owners request)

Remember that this is NATURALLY ASPIRATED power. No forced air induction or nitrous. This is a complete and tested combination that does not require ANY additional purchases to make the advertised power.

Thanks for reading and good luck in your search.

Tom Http://btrviper.com

P.S. If anyone is interested, we have access to brand new 2001 GTS coupes that can be upgraded with this package and delivered.
We have one car in stock that could be priced at around $ 76,000 with the above modifications and all of the taxes have been paid.

S

SUN RA KAT

That'll teach them to try and build a better car!

Long Live The Original Vipers!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In defense of the SRT, it still isn't going to stop or handle like the 2003 is going to!

Still though, that is an awesome package for those that want to keep up
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peanuts,

No flame taken..

Feel free to share with us all of the folks who are offering more guaranteed N/A power for a better installed price and can prove it with dyno results from customer cars.

We use only the best components in the industry. This package does include T&D rockers even though I personally like Arrows better(manufacturer stands behined the product)Belanger Headers and exhaust which is in my opinion the best in the industry, don't worry about our billet cam other than it works, the cylinder head specs are listed on my website, and all other parts are genuine Mopar where applicable.

Im sorry if you don't get a fancy airbox and throttle bodies along with a shifter knob, curb feelers and floormats with this package, but you will get at a minimum, the power levels that we state, without sacraficing drivability..guaranteed.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
Peanuts,

Im sorry if you don't get a fancy airbox and throttle bodies along with a shifter knob, curb feelers and floormats with this package.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
TO funny.. Tom, you left out the Dice from the mirror and the neon lights underneath. Its the neon that gets you to 550- 580 RWHP.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
Peanuts made a good point that your package price IS horrible, yet you found it necessary to be a **** AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Trinkets for sale

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

Your usual usless comments are always forthcoming. Im just looking forward to you outperforming one of these packages yourself..I'll be old and in a wheelchair waiting for you.

Peanuts, there is a big difference between 18,000 and 11,000 dollars. I'm still waiting for your posted dyno results from tuner customer cars of packages that they paid LESS for, that make more power. Mine are available for all to see at my website and have been for months. You and Max should mate, your offspring(if it can climb out from behind the computer) will make a great political no name lobbyist! because neither of you seem to have fast Vipers. Maybe I will get lucky enough to meet up on the track with both of you at VOI.

Tom Http://btrviper.com

P.S. Just to set the high water mark, I will match any written quoted competitors price for this package, while still offering the ONLY performance guarantee in the industry.

Hijack the posts all you want, but the fact remains that lots of customers are paying more and getting less(some may pay more and receive more), not to mention waiting for seemingly endless periods to get their cars back. I look forward to continuing to drive down upgrade pricing while offering substantial guaranteed gains in power regardless of the usless smack of the keyboard racers.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

Not trying to take sides just my 2 cents. I dont know you but I really appreciate you providing customers with hard data we can look at and for also willing to back it up. I also think Sean Roe is another (one of many) classy Viper tuners. Always able to back up claims before they are made public. Keep up the good work. It sure makes it easier for the consumer to make decisions when there is proof that things perform like one may claim.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
It's ok for you to be desperate for the business. But why the personal attacks?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From TNT website:
TNT Serpent 505 Package ( I assume 505 is crank HP so 444 RWHP)
Cat back
headers
Throttle bodies
ported manifold
airbox
plug wires
shifter
3.45 gears
plaque
INSTALLED 9,995$ (Gen II)
for heads and rockers (no cam) price goes to 21,995$
I didn't see a RWHP guarantee

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just see the two compared and maybe be can even compile a third to see apples to apples.

BTR
500 RWHP 500 RWTQ Guaranteed! (or what?)
BTR Camshaft
New Upgraded Lifters
1.7 Ratio Roller Rockers
Performance Guarantee

TNT
9,995$ (Gen II)
From TNT website:
Cat back
headers
Throttle bodies
ported manifold
airbox
plug wires
shifter
3.45 gears
plaque

My money would be on BTR for the guarantee, but what if??? "What if" it doesn't make the guaranteed 500 rwhp. Perhaps the guarantee should be posted in writing and what recourse the customer has. Its easy to make a guarantee but not easy to put it in writing and explain recourse of action if the guarantee isn't met.

Not trying to take sides just trying to be an aware and informed consumer.

What about Apex? Don't they have some stoker packages? Are they guaranteed?

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad Byte,

Nice comparison, and Bill at Apex is a good man. I check all of my competitors websites on a regular basis and have seen most of their pricing(Apex does not post prices).

As for our performance guarantee, it is clearly stated on my website along with dyno graphs, dragstrip videos, cylinder head flow comparisons, product pricing and information. To date, we have not had ANY cutomers that have had to excersize the options listed in our performance guarantee. The products have all performed as advertised. Problems arise when other modifications have been performed that hinder our products from perfoming at their peak.

Peanut,

What happend to no flames? I suggest you read through the TNT website again, their $ 9,995.00 package does not make 505 Rear Wheel HP and does not include headwork or Rocker Arms. The only thing "horrible" here is your reading capacity. I suggest that if you want to hijack ones posts, have your facts straight. For the record, TNT does good work, but their prices are higher across the board than ours. BTW, where did you get 10.33? I will have the 10.33 car at VOI just for you.

Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peanuts,

I look forward to seeing you there. Is peanuts your first or last name, so I will know who Im racing? or will you just remain a mystery hijacker?

Tom

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just re-read his recipe, and didnt realize heads/cam/rockers/headers translated into a Nitrous package...?

I havent had any business dealings with Tom, but geez, the guy lists out his parts, gives you a price, backs it up with a dyno AND a guarantee, and gets slammed by people comparing his verifiable results with a pricier but known entity (TNT) and a vaportuner!

Give the guy a fricken break.

S

SUN RA KAT

His parts and prices for the amount of rear wheel horsepower he guarantees are very reasonable. Almost all Viper parts are overpriced because of the rarity of Vipers and the even more rarity of heavily modded Vipers. His years of experience and reputation are a major value to be considered when examining this package, also. The Viper comunity owes a major debt of thanks to the small number of tuners who spend so much time to give us a choice of reliable mods for our Vipers.

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10sec Dex,

You definately have me confused with someone else. Nitrous was the very first thing that I did to my own Viper and I still feel that it is without a doubt the best performance gain for the dollar. Also, I own the very first set of Purner wheels and have been using them for almost 4 years.(used for slicks and skinnies). Again, no name post hijackers in the spotlight.

To quote the famous words of HMS "......internet whiners"..LOL

Tom

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peanut,
Could you post the price that TNT offered you for the exaust/heads/rocker package listed on their website? It soulds like that is what you are going to go with.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Intrest in a GUARANTEED 9 second Viper Package??????
Tom Welch

VCA Member - Florida

posted 07-03-2001 06:47 PM

To date my bolt on modifications have netted consistant 10.3's at an average of 136 mph. I am moving into the head porting arena which the horsepower gains that we are hoping for should put us easily into the 9 second zone.It has been a pleasure offering products that can be installed by the do-it-yourself enthusiast and we do not want to break from that tradition. I do feel compelled though to offer a package of bolt-ons and installation that will be GUARANTEED to perform.The items and pricing that I am considering are as follows: Ported Heads, Nitrous/propane injection system, complete exhaust upgrade, wheel and tire upgrade for drag racing, half shafts, and our NHRA Roll bar.(roll bar is acceptable to 10.00 e.t. NHRA does consider a 1% tolerance on elapsed times)The price Im shooting for is $ 16,995.00 complete and installed. With one other important Item. You will receive your car back with a framed 9 second timeslip and a video of your car making a 9 second pass!For a small fraction of the cost of my competition you will own the power needed to obtain the elusive 9 second time slip. Does this sound intresting? I appreciate all of the support that I have received from the viper community and I look forward to your comments and thoughts on a package of this type. Thanks for reading,Tom Http://btrviper.com "BTR PERFORMANCE..........where value and the dollar come together"

laugh.gif
THIS ONE'S MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

Thanks for posting that, I was wondering where that post was. That deal still stands. We have not been to the track since heads and cam have been installed on my Viper but will be in the next few weeks. What really amazes me though is folks have spent upwards of $ 50,000.00 on forced air induction for their Vipers and can't get out of the 10's. Incredible if you ask me!

How many other shops even consider the customers safety and offer features like Roll Bars and approved harnesses, wheels, tires and include them in their packages?

I guess I'd have the same sentiments as you do if I had to go to sleep at night knowing I paid too much and can't outrun a simple heads/cam/nitrous car. Glad I'm not you, dude.

Tom

Tom

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the archives myself and pulled a few posts from MaxedGTS that slam other tuners and Viper enthusiasts just to put here for everyones enjoyment. There are several others but I don't want to enflame the whole viper community with the slanderous crap from this geek.

Heres Max working over the efforts of Jamie Furman and Heffners Performance;

posted 10-31-2001 10:55 PM Back to the top

Jamie, funny how you started a new "DYNO DAY" topic after you made personal attacks on one of DLM's customers under "Dyno #'s for my DLM Stage 1 Viper results."
Your new DYNO DAY topic started moments after you started a personal vendetta against Scott. Look at the time of the posts.
Son you got a problem
Max

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow -- lots of BS going on around here. I'll add my $0.02.

Peanuts, you state that, "It would cost the same amount of money to get 500 RWHP as it would to get 550." Tom's 500 rwhp package is $11,295. A TNT Serpant 555 package is almost DOUBLE at $21,995. Roy and Joe are great guys (I went to high school with both of them) but their price for 550 rwhp will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than Tom (cash or no cash). TNT does great work and has more Viper's in the 9's than any other tuner - but the extra 50 rwhp comes at a price.

Are you going to be at the Vette/Viper Shootout in Belle Rose, Louisiana on October 19th? I few of us Texas boys plan on coming over and I would be glad to run you.

Max - a DL customer busting on Tom for not being in the 9's is VERY funny. I have heard nothing but great things about Doug and the pics of his work on this board have confirmed this. However, show me one DL SC Viper that has run a 9!! I think Doug has run one of the best trap speeds (150+) but a DL Viper has NEVER run a 9!!

All Vipers running 9's are NX cars with the exception of the HMS TT Viper.

I was hoping one of Doug's cars would step-up at VOI and put down a great number - but it seems all his customers are going to be running stock pilots!! What's the point?!? I hope Ben's car is finished in time as I'm sure he will bolt on his slicks and skinnies.

I think it is great that Tom is offering Viper upgrades at lower price points. The more competition the better and I am sure Tom will run you heads-up at the VOI drags.

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jcaspar1,

Ask Nut to show you a Sasquatch or a UFO along with that pricing and guarantee!

This thread is too much. The good news is that my products are out there performing as advertised on hundreds of Vipers across the globe. I post my pricing and enjoy continuing to offer quality products at discounted prices to the viper community.

Tom

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I tend to analyze the heck out of things.

I don't believe you can make comparisons unless ALL the data is in one location. I've added Henessey's Venom 550 package for good measure, cause I know at least a little about it.

NOTE: Henessey's package is bhp not rwhp. Is there a difference? If so I am not sure how to translate. An even bigger question in my mind, I hope to answer soon, is how much HP does it produce after 17k miles. Is this power consistent over the miles? I don't know.

I see a glaring price difference in the three packages. Does anyone else see it or is it just me.

Facts is Facts

Also I'm not entirely sure that Hennessey was able to put a 9sec viper out without a $50-65K twin turbo AND a 75hp shot of NOS. I think that there was some discussion as to what he actually ran to get into the 9's.

BTR
500 RWHP 500 RWTQ Guaranteed! (or what?)
BTR Camshaft
New Upgraded Lifters
1.7 Ratio Roller Rockers
Performance Guarantee

TNT
9,995$ (Gen II)
From TNT website:
Cat back
headers
Throttle bodies
ported manifold
airbox
plug wires
shifter
3.45 gears
plaque

HENNESSEY
Dodge Viper Venom 550 RT/10 - Tuner website
570bhp - 575lb/ft of torque
………………………………………………
Venom 550 System,
0-60 mph: 3.5 sec.
1/4 mi: 11.7 sec. @ 121 mph,
Top Speed: 187 mph (I think this is low)

Includes the items above plus:
Stainless Steel 1.75 in. long-tube headers,
Venom Cylinder heads
(3-angle valve job,
extreme duty valve springs,
bronze valve guides,
titanium retainers,
porting & polishing of intake and exhaust runners
and special preparation of the combustion chamber,
10:1 compression),
HMS roller camshaft upgrade
with timing chain upgrade and engine management computer upgrade.
Venom 550 valvecovers,
Venom 550 floor mats,
Venom 550 logo (placed under Viper logo on car).
Professionally installed and dyno-tuned.
Includes all necessary gaskets, hardware, fluids, etc. Allow 6 weeks for installation.
US $22,000.00

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is too much. The good news is that my products are out there performing as advertised on hundreds of Vipers across the globe. I post my pricing and enjoy continuing to offer quality products at discounted prices to the viper community.

Tom

[/B][/QUOTE]

Enough said. Thanks for the info and specs. now, the consumer can decide what is the best package for each of us.

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the comments guys. I guess what I should have done in order to show competitive numbers for this package is to stroke everyone with BHP(flywheel horsepower) numbers like the factory 2003 and the competition that some are referring to.

Lets take a look at BHP for this 11,295.00 installed package;

We are going to guarantee a minimum of 500 Rear Wheel horsepower although all of the cars that we have done so far have exceeded that number, but to be conservative..this package will be a 575 hp package.(500 + 15%)

Again, this is a 575 BHP package, thats 70 more guaranteed hp than the 505 Serpent and 75 hp more than the 500 Venom.(the TNT package does not include headwork or rockers..neither does the Venom for that matter)This package should be compared to other tuners 555 and 600 packages that are THOUSANDS of dollars more.

Both of these tuners can easily make 500+ rear wheel horsepower and have cars out there that do. In my opinion its folks like HMS and TNT that are the founders of our trade, but like any business, competition is one of the foundations that make our country strong. This industry is no exception to that rule. I look forward to the competition as it will make products and prices better for us all. I'm sorry Max, but its not the highway if its not your way.

Tom

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I hate to gang up on you with you all beset by flamers already, but I regret to inform you that there is an obvious error in your last post. When using the common figure of 15% for estimated driveline loss, you must multiply the BHP by .85, or divide RWHP by .85; multiplying your RWHP by 1.15 will NOT get you the same result. So in fact, you actually shortchanged yourself a solid 13 hp (500 rwhp is 588 bhp, not 575).
smile.gif
I think the BTR 590 package has a nice ring to it!
smile.gif

Ronnie

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont' mean to hi jack this thread...

But how come the big difference in head hp numbers?
I mean with a Chevy motor, you can sometimes net 100HP with a set of heads or even more.. With a V-10, how come the numbers can't be equal or more??? Is is because the R and D isn't there?
V-10 design?

Gerald

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Gerald,

Welcome to this topic. Your question about heads has many possible answers. On a typical small block chevy there may be 30 different head designs and manufacturers to choose from, some are mild and some are wild, but each has a specific application.

The Viper heads that we do flow as much as the intake and throttle bodies can draw without creating a restriction. To mill down the head to block mating surface will increase compression which will increase power, but it does so with drawbacks. Some of them include higher operating temperatures, detonation from inadaquate fuel quality, lower drivablity quality, more pounding on the connecting rod and main bearings and an overall lower life expectancy of the engine.

Should someone want more N/A power it can be achieved from the package that we have listed with a few minor additons. The drawback is that should one elect to modify the car further by say adding a supercharger like Sean Roes or nitrous, the higher compression will be a limiting factor in the power available from those mods. In short, N/A engines and s/c, t/c and nitrous engines are all different animals. I prefer to side on the conservative and have the option to upgrade further in the future as forced air induction and nitrous are the obvious choices of most viper owners.

Remember that these engines are merely air pumps and the more efficient they become internally, the less gain they will see should one elect to externally modify them with bolt on power adders.

Ronnie,

Thanks for correcting my math.

Tom

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
From Tom’s early posts on the OLD board he has been a drag racer selling a nitrous package that gets down the 1320 faster than and costs less than some of the “all motor” packages

<FONT COLOR="Blue">.MESSAGE&gt;66403
SUBJECT&gt;Want to outrun a 650 Venom for less than a third of the price?
POSTER&gt;Anti-Venom Performance
EMAIL&gt;[email protected]
DATE&gt;Monday, 31 January 2000, at 7:31 p.m.

i have developed a package for the viper GTS and tested it on my own car. With over 80 quarter mile passes of 10.50 or faster and all at over 132 mph, the performance speaks for itself. This is a true bolt-on package that leaves the engine and driveline untouched therefore not affecting the factory warranty. This package is also designed for the do-it-yourself enthusiast. If you would like proven performance without having to do open heart surgery on your viper give me a call. Your response will determine if i take this proven package to the public.

thanks tom welch

MESSAGE&gt;66492
SUBJECT&gt;OK, OK, The Company that was going to be Anti-Venom will now be--
POSTER&gt;BTR Viper Performance
EMAIL&gt;[email protected]
DATE&gt;Tuesday, 1 February 2000, at 7:59 a.m.

BTR Viper Performance. We are targeting Feb 7th to start taking orders for our package. The introductory price will be $xxxx and installation will be available for an additional fee should you want to bring your car to florida. For those of you who are unfamiliar we are going to introduce a low cost alternative to going fast while retaining the reliability and value of your viper in its stock condition. My personal car (97gts) has gone low 10's without having to touch the engine or drivetrain. Our package will include a complete exhaust system that by itself netted 11.4 et in my car on street tires, a custom nitrous oxide system that is computerized and has run over 80 passes on my car without a problem, and a complete set of wheels and tires to help put the power to the pavement. Thanks to everyone for your comments on the board. We look forward to serving you.
tom</FONT c>