Want to see what happens to are vipers when matched to A GT2

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We have a bunch of Porches out here and I get to smack them down from time to time with my Paxton Viper.

That GT2 should run against a big Paxton Viper or a twin turbo Viper - ending would be much different.

Dan

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuff like this happens more than people realize- take a ride over to any MAJOR drag strip in your area on a typical Wend test and tune night.At Englishtown NJ for example i have seen guys drive in Modded Porsches ,Merc Benz(in suits and ties ) and run DEEP in to the 10s all the time .Last year a 4000 lb AMG SL65 (bone stock )ran 11.7 -11.8 in 100 degree weather (tough time for almost stock Viper but a Gen 4 to beat )Mustangs (driven from the road by teenagers )can run into the 8s if their modded correctly.Any stock forced induction car running 11s can EASILY be modded for more (a llot of these cars have tech features which allow then to hook up alot better than our Vipers -all wheel drive ect )

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have seen this but the Viper starts closing and then loses it by spinning the tires at like 150mph...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLm7oVukVY[/media]

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a GT2 "Look-a-like". It's an 02' normal Turbo. I just put $5k in parts into it to make it look exactly like one externally. Yea, ok, I'm a poser....lol... Now, I just have to drop in about 12.5K in mods to run high 10's. Switzer is close to me in Ohio but it can be done at a cheaper shop. I've owned a lot of different cars and the 911 is actually my fav. In the end mine will cost about 56k.
You must be registered for see images

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice GT2 look alike! I have a 997 turbo with EVOMS EVT700 kit. I pull bikes from a roll. She runs 10s in the 1/4. The next one I get will be a dual clutch.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was teaching an advanced school at the track last night and I had a student in a GT2. Nice car - lot's of power, good handling and FANTASTIC brakes.

I'm not a Porsche guy (I just don't like the looks) but those cars perform really, really well.

Greg

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the P-guys are pretty cool about the realities and the fact that a Viper with a 300hp deficit stood no chance. Questions like "how much will a stock Viper bottom end handle" in regards to a 40psi boosted Supra. Then there are your "there's NO freaking way" and "Vipers are junk" crowd who to I can only say, I think this post I copied and pasted from the thread below just about sums up the mentality of the nay-sayers:

"that is called bringing in a dragon to crush an ant. "

Wow - there is nothing left I could possible add after that...Not until I can roll my 20 sided die for damage.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see what all the fuss is about. The Gen 3 Viper is the slowest Viper with exception to the Gen 1. The Porsche is highly modified. Vipers always win in the end because of cubic inches. Run that Porsche against an Underground TT Viper and it would get a$$ *****, not to mention that I smell a rat as in a troll. It looks to me that the Viper let off completely as in HOAX!!!!

I ran into a Porsche turbo on the turnpike with a clear road and the driver didn't want to run me initially.
After some coaxing and provocation, he decided to give my GTS a whirl.............

He had high hopes based on Road & Track geek statistics,
He gave it all he had.......
He downshifted with ferocity, straight into the meat of his car's powerband......
He gripped each shift firmly and precisely,
He twinkled his toes for proper clutch release as described in his nerd owner's manual,
He figured that he would put away this brash american junker with his sophisticated german masterpiece......

He took a **** kicking that only a mother could love!!

Last edited:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. After the blowout, I slowed down and let him catch up. I rolled down my window and bellowed like an uncivilized ape,

"Don't bring that euro economy car around this american monster any time soon"

Beloved fans, it was the sort of thing that heroes are made from.

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I met a guy at the Cleveland cars & coffee earlier this summer who had a silver GT-2 and he said it was putting down about 800 hp. This might have been the guy, there can't be too many of those running around Ohio.

Yea, there was also a 700+ HP Switzer modded GTR there as well. I pass Switzers shop every day on my way to work and Bushurs shop is just down the road from my house. Buschur mods street Mistubishi's that run in the 8's and 9's. While not as impressive as an 8 second 4 ******, one of their cars ran a 1:38 lap at Mid-Ohio.

It's wise not to take anything for granted around here!

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't see what all the fuss is about. The Gen 3 Viper is the slowest Viper with exception to the Gen 1. The Porsche is highly modified. Vipers always win in the end because of cubic inches. Run that Porsche against an Underground TT Viper and it would get a$$ *****, not to mention that I smell a rat as in a troll. It looks to me that the Viper let off completely as in HOAX!!!!

I ran into a Porsche turbo on the turnpike with a clear road and the driver didn't want to run me initially.
After some coaxing and provocation, he decided to give my GTS a whirl.............

He had high hopes based on Road & Track geek statistics,
He gave it all he had.......
He downshifted with ferocity, straight into the meat of his car's powerband......
He gripped each shift firmly and precisely,
He twinkled his toes for proper clutch release as described in his nerd owner's manual,
He figured that he would put away this brash american junker with his sophisticated german masterpiece......

He took a **** kicking that only a mother could love!!

I told you i did let off at 120 ish and im sure he kept going to 160ish so in the video it looks like i dissappered, but after he pulled 10 cars on me while i was in 3rd i let off.
I dont know these guys that well, just met them that morning at bob evans but no bull**** here the car is alot faster than mine period, and it should be...lol There is another video of the second race but it has not been posted by them (it probably doesnt look as good for them)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen dont feel bad you took a basically stock Gen 3 and ran against a highly modded GT 2 in which the owner spent many tens of thousands of dollars to do (he should win )Of coarse you could do the same ,you just have to ask yourself is winning encounters (like the above )worth tens of thosands of dollars to you

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is still fun to race someone even if you know you are going to get your ass kicked. There will always be someone faster better looking and richer. No biggie just fun.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
That really wasn't a fair fight. Stock Gen IV vs. stock GT2, fine, that's fair. Take 2 with the same car versus a Viper with a high-end DLM or UG package, and show us the sequel.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a Gen III NOT Gen IV....and let's show some sign of intelligence...compare apples to apples.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang