Want to see what happens to are vipers when matched to A GT2

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Title says it all, was coming back from a show in columbus with a few porsche guys and one was a 09 gt2 with 800-850 hp and weighing in at 3200ish.

this is from a 70 mph roll not sure where he let off but i let off at 120ish

ouch could use a few more ponies....lol

You must be registered for see images attach

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW LOL you got Druuuuug.

Good for you for being a good sport about it! There is always someone faster.
:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure about the 800HP in that thing? A stock GT2 comes in at around 530 HP, and I just can't see how even a twin-turbo 3.6 litre engine can make over 220 HP per litre on the street. That's up there in Formula racer range. If it's possible, then I'm really impressed.

AZViper08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulllose, are you running a Gen III? A Gen IV wouldn't have a chance at beating that car, but I'd think it would be a little closer. Do you have any mods?

Whatever the case, that is one bad &$@* car!

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We did that run a couple of times,,,,this video i think i might have been in second at 70 and the other race i was in 3rd at 80 for a start. (i was trying to find the best gear)

My car is stock with the exception of a corsa/and a sct tune

Gen 4 wouldnt have a chance, that car was that fast.

The car is a switzerP800 gt2 you probably can do a youtube search he is a tuner in my area. There was also a GTR with the same package on it but still the same results with me just not as bad.....lol

I would have to believe the car is making atleast that much power to pull away like i put it in park, for all i know it could be making more?????????:omg:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam... I don't think I could post that video...:omg:

That wasn't even a race....:rolleyes:

Probably all over the Porsche forums...

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a fair fight, lol!

Meet the Switzer Perfomance P800 997. Here's the quick stats: 800 hp, zero-to-sixty in less than three seconds and the quarter-mile in just a smidge over ten seconds. Now that's fast. Oh yeah -- the P800's AWD, too. No one is going to mistake you for a Mustang with a blower. Where does an extra 320 hp vs. stock come from? Custom GT30 turbochargers, Switzer MONSTER intercoolers, electronic boost control, fancy headers and exhaust, plus a carbon clutch pack.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock GT2 will flat kick some butt, and should for 186k or so. I dont turn a blind eye to performance. And with 4 wheel drive its really impressive. Yes, it probably (or should I use the slacker term of prolly) is posted all over the Porsche site just like when a Mustang gets beat by a Viper video. The Stang guys ego's are all bent.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I applaud you for having the "****" to post that video. That wasn't even close but it doesn't sound like you wound it out to the max. Wouldn't have thought it would be that bad of a whuppin"! :buttkick:

"I want to win Qualitywires.com." :usa:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock GT2 is quick too.

My local track (Race City Speedway in Calgary) has the longest straight of any closed course in Canada and a GT2 runs almost as fast as my ACR - maybe even faster.

I caught one in the corners and even when I got a better drive out of the corner the GT2 would run neck and neck with my ACR down the straight.

I wouldn't trade with my car but a stock GT2 is damn fast.

Greg

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I applaud you for having the "****" to post that video. That wasn't even close but it doesn't sound like you wound it out to the max. Wouldn't have thought it would be that bad of a whuppin"! :buttkick:

"I want to win Qualitywires.com." :usa:[/QUOTE

in that race I let off about 120ish, in other words right after shifting to fourth.... But I could see what was happening....lol. I might have not been so far behind had I stayed in it but it was hopeless....lol

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holly sh__ you where not even on the same planet as that car. That is one sick car and I am sure with that much speed and the GT-2 base under it with comprable drivers that GT-2 would kick a stock ACR butt . :(

But then again it would kick anythings butt ....... after 800hp I dont care what type of car its very hard to get the power to the grount on a road course

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy at the Cleveland cars & coffee earlier this summer who had a silver GT-2 and he said it was putting down about 800 hp. This might have been the guy, there can't be too many of those running around Ohio.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Godddd......damn, yeah it looks like you were in 4th gear the way he pulled. Also looks like there was some serious lag with the turbo before it took off (had volume down so could not hear). Either way that was impressive. Would like to see how it would compare to a viper making 800. Sure if can put the power down better with AWD/TC.

the video is only 18 seconds long, what gear did you start in for the video or am i missed one of the pulls?

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I met a guy at the Cleveland cars & coffee earlier this summer who had a silver GT-2 and he said it was putting down about 800 hp. This might have been the guy, there can't be too many of those running around Ohio.

Ya that was the same car.......... I think everything is a big secret with that car i guess..... He raced a GTR with around 800hp and pulled him by a ton of cars also.
All these hp numbers are just hear say i really dont no, but i saw what it did to me:omg:

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Godddd......damn, yeah it looks like you were in 4th gear the way he pulled. Also looks like there was some serious lag with the turbo before it took off (had volume down so could not hear). Either way that was impressive. Would like to see how it would compare to a viper making 800. Sure if can put the power down better with AWD/TC.

the video is only 18 seconds long, what gear did you start in for the video or am i missed one of the pulls?

That race really was second gear at about 70, i had to shift quick for 3rd and missed 3 for just a second, then accelerated to the top of third and let off, granted was not the best race for me and there is a second race that i started in 3rd at 80 and ran to 120ish again but that video i have not got yet but i will. You know those porsche guys will post the best video that make there car shine.......lol

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya that was the same car.......... I think everything is a big secret with that car i guess..... He raced a GTR with around 800hp and pulled him by a ton of cars also.
All these hp numbers are just hear say i really dont no, but i saw what it did to me:omg:

Yeah the video is pretty clear as it turns out. But it wasn't really a fair fight with him pushing that kind of hp. He was really nice when I talked to him at that event. Seemed like a cool guy who was into expensive cars. He brought several nice ones that day.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah the video is pretty clear as it turns out. But it wasn't really a fair fight with him pushing that kind of hp. He was really nice when I talked to him at that event. Seemed like a cool guy who was into expensive cars. He brought several nice ones that day.

Oh i knew it wasnt a fair race to begin with.......lol I dont really give a sh#! either. what else did we have to do while we were driving back to cleveland..:)
It all fun to me win or lose. I raced a Renntech E55 on the way also, we were pretty damn even, my passenger might have that on video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang