Wanted - hard top

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if they were not powered, but still sank inside the door? This seems like a feasable conversion for alot less money. Would there be interest in this? say around $1.5k.

No crank either.

Jeff
Great idea... a couple of years ago I investigated doing something similar but just didn't have time to work it all out.
My thought was to put the "slide lever" in the door panel... basically push the window up from the bottom...... My slow down was I don't want to cut up my original doors.. I'd have to buy some salvage Gen 1 doors to covert.. and keep the originals.

If that could be done for $1,500... I'd definitely be in......

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
V10SpeedLuvr:THANKS for posting the pictures!
This was done in Argentina, and we made 2 kits.
The windows ARE power, and yes we use a remote control with door poppers. Only minor cutting was done to the top of the door with a template, to install the window wheatherstrip.
The link below shows more pìctures. It´s a great change since the car can now be used whenever you feel like it and not when the weather and social appointment dictate LOL.
http://ar.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angelitos66/slideshow?.dir=/mail&.src=ph

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you put inboard coupe seatbelts in? Or were you able to get the windows in W/O taking out the seatbelts in the door?

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 5 point seatbelt harnesses, so I had no problem with the door seatbelts, the door is wide enough as to not interfere with the window guides. I´ll check this week to be 100%sure.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...power windows. you need to give more details on how it works and how much the kit costs and...just start making them to go with Jeff's top ;)

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen the 3 piece top made with the scoop in the center. With 3 piece it bags up and fits trunk better than the soft top. I'll get the web page if it's not the one you guys are talk'n about.

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We designed the top without the "fake" scoop. Carbon fibre is cool enough by itself. But I prefer functionality over looks. The top is smoother, that means less wind noise and less aerodynamic drag. But after doing all this, adding a scoop to the top is plain easy. If you check my photo gallery, the car´s hood and rear wing was also done "in house".
The window switches are next to the shifter.
Seatbelts are "inboard", but because they are a 5 point setup. The original door mounted seatbelts don´t interfere with the window mechanism. As I said before, doors open with a remote control that releases the door latch. It can also be integrated to an alarm system. I didn't´t think of doing this to sell (there are only 8 Gen1 Vipers in Argentina), but more of for my own driving pleasure and being able to enjoy the car more often. I estimate that with 4.5K the whole thing (less the 2 window motors which are Neon or Ram motors)could be replicated. Maybe less if it´s more than one kit. This includes the Carbon Fibre top, the tempered glass windows, the window guides and lift system, left and right fiber glass templates to cut the top or the doors. The door "wing tips" which serve as a guide when the windows up. All the rubber and felt weatherstrip in order to seal everything. The RC door openers.
Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine