Wanting to do Gen V Intake

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been considering this for a while but didn't want to get in involved in grinding the parts down. I understand there are kits sold for that now.
My other concern is I read that you can't use the K&N filter set up and I am not sure if this is true or there is a work around for that.
Also I know there are hoses that need to be replaced.
Has anyone put together a list of parts needed, or a step by step?
Thanks for any help
By the way, I have Belanger Headers, Corsa exhaust, Mopar Arrow flashed PCM. Quaife with 353 gears.

Last edited:

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I installed the intake manifold I also installed a catch can as I didn't want to muck up the new intake with oil ( http://dougshelbyengineering.com/up...gineering_Catch_Can_Mounting_Bracket_Rev2.pdf ).

I can't speak for hose installation without a catch can one, however, here are some notes:

This is the only extra hose I purchased, it is the OEM Gen V PCV hose. Mopar 05038618AD HOSE. PCV. This worked well with my catch can setup, and it is possible you'd be able to orient/contort it in a way to work without a catch can. The reason I purchased the OEM hose was the 90 degree angle exit required under the intake manifold however, you may be able to get around it with a 90 degree silicone hose and hose barb mated to the OEM Gen IV PCV hose. This said, I feel a catch can is good to have even for street driven vehicles only.

Some of the vacuum lines are larger than the ******* on the Gen V intake so using Ty-Wraps is useful for a tight seal.

Other than this the install was simple and didn't take long at all. I think the passenger side rearmost bolt was the hardest to get to but not bad. You'll want to have a torque wrench. Rough instructions included here:

http://dougshelbyengineering.com/up...en_V_Intake_Manifold_Compression_Limiters.pdf

This mod has everything you'd want in a mod and is a real benefit for those with the Mopar ECU or HPTuners. Lower weight (fairly high and forward on the car), lower heat transfer, more power, reasonable price, easy installation. Hard to beat the bang for the buck.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks- I appreciate the help. I don't know about the catch can though. I understand the need and the reasoning to do it while everything is apart but it's a little pricey.
The Radium catch can is $350 and the mounting bracket is $175 and you still need to buy all the fittings. I think I will search for other catch cans and see if they are all that pricey.