War BMW!!!

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the following in the latest issue (august 6, 2001) of Automotive News. In a short blurb on page 4 titled "define 'publicly'" was the following write up:

"What you drive says a lot about you. That's the focus of a humorous video BMW's Mini team has been showing employees. Mini USA showed the video at a Thursday, Aug. 2, press conference to introduce Mini's new tag line for the United States: "Mini. Let's motor." According to the video: "A Dodge Caravan says, 'I'm on my way to soccer practice'; a (Volkswagen) New Bettle says, 'I'm a 40-year-old woman'; a Ford Focus says, 'I couldn't afford anything better than a Ford Focus'; a Dodge Viper says, 'I have a small ****** organ.' "What about a Mini? It says, "Let's motor," of course. Asked about the Viper comment, Mini spokesman Michael McHale said, "We would never say that publicly."

So that's what the BMW Mini people think about Viper owners, huh?? Not that I really care but those of us who own BMW's might want to think about it. We don't, but we know some of us do....

And what does this mean for Janni, Laura and Nadine???

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always get a kick out of it when I hear that comment about men who buy expensive sports cars.
laugh.gif
I guess it stems from some jealous guys that can't afford a nice car and have to find some way to cut someone else down. Same thing goes when people yell rude comments at you while riding in a nice car. I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise last year and people kept trying to get me to smoke my tires, which is a big fine and cops were all over the place, so I only did it a few times. Anyways this one guy yells at me to lite em up and I didn't so this other guy next to him yelled he kept lite em up because it's a Dodge and it can't smoke the tires. Must have been a Vette owner.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I loved the idea for the license plate on a high priced sports car that said (SML PNS)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being the inferred guilty party "someone who does" own a BMW I can add insult to injury by sharing the fact that BMW owners are accused of the same "organal" shortcomings. Usually a BMW owner is sterotyped as a ***** anyway. Now if they also own a Viper it's evidently a small ***** .

I'm conflicted additionally since we have also ordered a mini. Perhaps we will have to be careful switching between cars too quickly...

Jeff

and an '01 740i sport

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast Freddie, it might have been me. I did some burnouts for awhile until a few cops surrounded me and gave me a friendly warning and told me it was like a $300 fine or something and they suggested I not do it again.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a '99 528e AND a 2000 GTS, I guess that would infer that I am double-y small. However my wife might argue that point (maybe not!) and my two kids are living proof that it works anyway and is adequate!! Do I get extra credit for my 2001 Durango 4x4?
cool.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Simple retort:

"I'm Not The One Whose Name Is 'Mini' ! "

p.s.:

"Naming your car after a female Mouse says a lot about you.........I'll take the poisonous snake name any day"

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH my GOD!!! they found out! J/K

I love BMW, but the Mini *****....sorry
The only competition it has is the Smart car....