Warning about Elite Motorsports

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We might need to get rid of all of our sponsors! If/when the time comes to take remove a sponsor it will happen, no doubt about that.

Why blame all sponsors for the act of one?? Check the posts , this isnt the first on this guy & I know it wont be the last. There are guys who are AFRAID to post for fear they wont get their goods. You make money off this board, then you need to step up, plain & simple.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One question- was this car bought after Elite performed the work? Who paid Elite the previous owner or Lou? The reason I am asking is that even though Elite said they stand behind thier work, did they provide any documention showing that was transferrable to new owner? This may be his out...

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear the other side of the story. My thought is that there may not be another side of the story that the other side wants to tell.

We certainly don't need another HENNE**** although this doesn't seem nearly as bad a problem.

I hope Elite will take care of this and continue to be a valuable part of the Viper community.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One question- was this car bought after Elite performed the work? Who paid Elite the previous owner or Lou? The reason I am asking is that even though Elite said they stand behind thier work, did they provide any documention showing that was transferrable to new owner? This may be his out...

I hear where you are coming from and it could be a tuners way out, but just think if someone went out and paid 30 grand for an upgrade 1 month ago and then sold the car. The new owner drives it once and it blows up. $hit happens???? Should the tuner stand behind it for the new owner....a real grey area I am sure and the new owner may not have a leg to stand on. It would **** for sure.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hear where you are coming from and it could be a tuners way out, but just think if someone went out and paid 30 grand for an upgrade 1 month ago and then sold the car. The new owner drives it once and it blows up. $hit happens???? Should the tuner stand behind it for the new owner....a real grey area I am sure and the new owner may not have a leg to stand on. It would **** for sure.

That may very well be the case. Which would be too bad because then you'll just end up with losers on both ends. Customer loses because he has to fork out bucks for a new engine and tuner loses who knows how much in lost future revenues.

The wise tuner will take care of his customers "in warranty" or in certain exceptional cases, "out of warranty." There seems to be enough e-mail communications between Scott and Lou to support some type of expressed warranty by Scott where he accepted responsibility for "making things right." The lack of a transferable warranty may be his "out" (technically). But not a wise business decision and definately harmful to his reputation. As we know, in the tuner world, reputation is everything.

I've puchased from Elite in the past. But this situation, which Lou has painstakenly documented has convinced me (along with others I'm sure)to reconsider any future business with Elite. Decisions like that will ultimately put Elite out of business. That would be a shame since Elite has come out with some very nice products for our Vipers.

Scott, makes things right with Lou and your other disgruntled customers. You may lose money on this deal but sometimes businesses lose money in order to make money. In the long run your reputation of being a "stand up" tuner will get you more business.

It wouldn't hurt to jump onto this thread and respond with your side of the story.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

It is not just Lou,, you should see the hood and difusser that he sent me. It was the worst piece of S**t prep and paint job I have ever seen from a SO CALLED PRO!.

I will have pics up in a new thread later today,

Mark

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its great that the VCA is trying to help you out. But what i don't understand is how come Elite Motorsports waited for the VCA to get involved before trying to resolve this problem?

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so Scott is offering to redo the motor. I suppose that is nice of him except that he won't agree to any kind of contract or performance bond and I just cannot bring myself to trust him.

I will post the balance of the emails to my site tomorrow or so. I am also going to start a new "Do not do business with Elite" thread and a separate "Petition to ban Elite" thread so that it's clear that he is not to be trusted.

Oh well,
Lou

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like I keep saying. What I would do is buy another motor, slap it in, send the other back to be repaired (at his expense and trust that he'll do want he says he will do). I don't know why you keep saying your going to work it out and then you go back to not trusting him. I don't see how he can give you a contract when there's not been any monies change hands, so your going to have to trust him. I'm not on either side, I just don't think bashing someone is productive for anybody. If he says he will fix it, then I'm sure he will. You will probably get put on the back-burner though. And if the motor is in pieces, then nobody will want to take it over. Just buy another motor and put it all behind you. It's got to end somehow. I'd just like to see you enjoying the car instead of it being a thorn.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of this is very entertaining. Absolutely none of my business, but I understand you bought a "used" modified vehicle. Does the phrase "as is, where is and how is" come to mind?? Like someone said-- bite the bullet, purchase a used motor, install it and have yours done at your leisure. There's a person here in Ga selling a gen 2 with 15k miles engine and transmission for 7500.00. Sell the transmission, and when your engine is done-- sell the replacement engine. The person you bought it from is the most likely target of legal action, but it'd be tough to prove. It is a modified motor. Elite, as bad as they seem to be in dealing with problems, is off the hook. John-=- If ya want the number of the person selling the motor and trans--pm me--John--no, I not the agent for this person--saw him at the Hayes meet in commerce a couple of weeks ago. Good luck

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
If I was in Lou's shoes, I would ship the engine to one of the elite Viper tuners (there are about 5 to choose from) and have them build it back properly, or even a bit better than before. Since it has to be torn apart anyway, might as well throw some go-fast components inside.

Have that tuner document the crap out of the engine with pictures and descriptions of the existing problems so you can use it for a court case at a later time should you choose that avenue, then have him do his thing and get your motor running right.

You already missed out on an entire driving season. You might miss out on another (or more) if you wait for the court system to resolve this.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Leone,

Please be advised if we read one more slanderous remark from you, all pending offers will be removed from the table and we can all seek legal council in regards to this issue.

We have offered, from the beginning, to pick up and deliver the motor at our expense; inspect and repair or rebuild as necessary, even suggesting that you send the car (at your expense). This way your car will be turn key, eliminating third party involvement.
Also, to date we have not spoken or heard from the third party (your shop) involved. You have slandered us in every forum possible. We tried to remain professional and act within reason.

Your offers of us paying you $7500 and at the same time you keeping the motor is unreasonable. The second offer of us incurring shipping expense of the vehicle to and from, with a signed contract, $7500 escrow to your lawyer plus $500 per week of delay time up to the cost of the vehicle is not only unfair, but ludicrous. We have not wanted to air any of this, but as you decided to continue your slandering we feel both sides to the story should be viewed. Also be advised from the start our attorney advised us not to respond to any public forum, offer you nothing and let it play out in the legal system as your grounds are fruitless. Against his advise we have chosen to help you resolve the issue so you can enjoy your car. However, as you would say "your clock is ticking".

Please also understand that lack of our immediate response to this statement is not us ignoring any of this but due to hurriciane Jeanne, we have been left without power and are on limited power source via laptop.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As one of the many bystanders who have followed this thread, I find it hard to believe that you continue your attack against Scott after he has agreed to rebuild your motor even though it appears that he is not legally bound to do so. I am not taking any sides, just saying how it appears.
Do not think that I do not wish you good luck and do have a sense of how frustrated you must be. It is a shame to have so many problems with a dream.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheesh-- enough, you bought a used car with a modified engine. Grow up, stop the whining and repair "your" car.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

How do you trust someome who lied over and over and broke promise after promise.

John, stand in Lou and my shoes,, then think about your statement about growing up.. It is easy to make statements like that when you do not any money out of your pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets