WARNING..WHEELS SALE

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to be observant!! Same person as before...... He tried to buy a set of wheels from someone else yesterday, and then called him back to try and sell a hood. He also was not going to get taken! He called me right up, and I contacted the folks at Western Union today as it will take a group effort of a seller, the payment method, and the police to catch him. We are/have been trying to set up a way to catch him for about a year now.... So far he does not appear have found the board, so I guess we can talk about him here. He WAS working out of Jacksonville FL, his move to Chicago could be a good one as we have a very strong Viper contingent there which would give us a good shot at catching this thief. If anybody is approached by this person, please e-mail me before tipping your hand. He has tried to sell items to several tuners as well, we just have not been able to catch him. If it goes on much longer, we'll just put a big warning on the classifieds about him..... if any of you can actually record his voice (Middle Eastern in accent)...maybe we can even add a clip of it in the warning
You must be registered for see images

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm, he is alive and well and working on Dealers also. Got a wonderful offer yesterday for a mildly damaged hood and perfect front fascia for only $1500 - the magic number it appears. Seems like we need to buy from those we know and I think I will just stick to recommending the PartsRack when folks need a used part. Muhammed hasn't changed his name or his game, so let's refuse to play.

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW you guys. Darn near got screwed. I got a call yesterday from this guy asking about some wheels that I had for sale. I told him that I didn't have them anymore and that I could look for him if he wants. He told me he just bought a 2000 Viper and had a custom carbon fibre front end put on. He said that he had it done in Europe because that is where he got his pilots license. I asked him how much he wanted for the stock front clip he said $1800 for you $1500. I said that I would be interested but it would be this weekend until I could get that much money together. I figured for that I could double my money. He said not to worry about the money he would just send it and I could pay him at a later date. I trust you he said, I have never talked to this guy before. So I told him no I will wait until I have the money but I will look for some wheels for you. On the Internet he said I said yes and he asked what the website was. I said no I will look for you, luckily I didn't tell him huh. Anyway I called him back today and asked him to just send the parts and I will send a deposit and pay the rest this weekend. He said how much are you gonna send I said $150 he said what am I gonna do with that it is $500 for shipping. I said well just wait until this weekend then. I have already wasted my time with this guy and he thinks that I am going to buy his parts this weekend. Comments? Again THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Jason Godsil
Godsil Performance

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like the same guy that has been taking it to the Camaro and Firebird folks. Maybe he diversified. I remember this guy being in the same town. Be careful.

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Western Union never got back to me today, only talked to an answering machine. I'll call the Chicago gang tomorrow to see if any of them have good contacts in the "law enforcement arena" who may looking to have a little fun. Jason, you seem to be the one with the "door open", wanna help?

Jay

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Jason, here's what we need to do. Contact Gary Maher and Western Union, his phone number is 800/354-0005 choose selection "4" and then type in his extension "6138". I'm going to email him a link to this thread so he knows what's up. His email is: [email protected] . He is the WU person that works with law enforcement to catch these sort of con-men. The more of you that contact Gary, the better shot we have. This is going to be fun

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody,

Check this out...

At www.smartpages.com or .net on a reverse lookup I found no info at either a residential or business number. HOWEVER, someone or some place that sells cellphone service who issued him the phone number is on record for providing this number to him. If this # is actually a cell phone, then the place of phone issuance is on record as having been the seller of the phone and service. Hopefully he provided a CC# or some form of factual evidence that can be back traced to that #. Good luck in nailing this creep! If not the location that provided him the cell phone number should come under heavy scrutiny for not fact checking. The info is below

JGK95.

ps. I still strongly dislike the 2003's appearance

AMERICANS LIKE CURVES
----------------------------------------

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked any of the other high dollar vehicle forums.. If this butthead is pulling it on this forum chances are he is trying it on other ones to and maybe getting away with it.

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luvdaviper95:
Listen, I was a little edgy on this so I called Mohammed back.. Being that I have extensive legal background (I wont say how) I decided to question the hell out of this guy.. I called him and he answered.. I will know on Monday whether he is for real or not since I told him Ill have a friend come over and pick up the wheels and hand him a cashiers check. He seemed ok with that...

Before you guys do anything else..stand by until Monday.. Ill know for sure about him then..I'll post what happens to the list

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would he not be OK with that? Here is the problem, If he does take a cashiers check and sell you the wheels.... how do you know where he got the wheels?

Last year "Mahammed Mahammed", middle eastern, airline pilot, fast talking, talked a LOT about how honest "his people" are, and fitting your description EXACTLY, took possession of a set of wheels. They were shipped to him COD, he paid for the shipping on stolen credit card, AND the COD check that the seller got.... not only bounced, it was from an account the had been closed for years.... and was in.... Chicago (even though the wheels were shipped to Florida.) If he has the wheels, you may want to see if he has a spare Viper Engine in the Garage too, he got that by picking it up COD/Freight collect... freight companies get the license plate numbers on the pickup vehicles.... well guess what... the license plate was stolen. Last time we tried to catch him.... HE WAS USING A STOLEN CELL PHONE NUMBER!

A person matching the description you gave has been accumulating item via fraudulent methods for more than a year, he eventually has to sell then to make anything, right?

Your friend should arrive with a Police officer, because you will very likely be buying a set of stolen wheels........ Don't miss this chance to potentially catch a thief that has been a problem around here (and other web auto classifieds for quite some time). If he is legit, having an officer along will make for a good story. My two cents worth.

I may call his number just to see if it is the same voice that tried to scam me out of $1500 for a hard top last fall. He said he would FED-EX me the top, and was even willing to deduct the shipping cost off the asking price.... Call me at (870) 246-0015 some evening, lets talk a little more, I'm 99.9% sure this is the same fellow. How many Mohammed Mohammed's who try to sell Viper parts and get paid 100% up front via Western Union are there in this world? I gave him the option to drop off the top less than a half hour away from his "house" and be paid via cashiers check to, he and the top never showed, AND within a week, the phone number he had was assigned to a "new person".

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Receiving Stolen Property....
...is what happens when you buy from "MO"

"If A Deal Sounds Too Good To be True........"

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

It pays to pay attention to detail. This sounds not just of a car parts crime but rather a interstate and a possible Federal crime. The FBI can do a search on the fone # and verify the store that issued the phone #. I'm most positive that the FBI or other authorities can bring the heat down on the direputable stores that issue fones w/out verifying credit info and shut them down or get the real info out of them. If you cant get the thief get his nest! Someone will talk sooner than later...

OR at delivery (sp?) get the VIN of the vehicle that is carrying the stolen merch and report it. I do understand that this may be difficult to do. However, GOOD LUCK

JGK95

Blake Kercovich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to pass this link around at www.corvetteforum.com
I'm one of the admins over there, thanks for the info.
Hope this info makes it around to all the major car boards.
If any of you are members at the Mustang, Supra, F-Body, etc. forums, please share this information to help our fellow car enthusiasts.
I remember some guy scamming people with wheels about a year ago. I think he was from somwhere in Florida, but his name was Jason something. There were people from several internet car forums trying to work with law enforcement to catch him. Anyone else remember that? I wonder if they ever caught that guy.
Thanks again for the heads up folks.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was similarly scammed by ALEX ASTOR of HUNTERSVILLE, NC. After going through a great deal of effort to get the wheels to him, the COD check he returned didn't have even $100 of funds to cover it. Although these are two different guys, it highlights the importance of knowing who you're dealing with, and taking sensible precautions, no matter how honest people sound on the phone. If anyone ever does hear from ALEX ASTOR of HUNTERSVILLE, NC, then I'd sure appreciate knowing if he has a new phone number or email that he actually answers.

I was going to rat him out to the cops for bouncing a $2000 check, but I'm not sure about doing this by phone. I'm basically assuming that I've been screwed, and hope that the money that I spent on this lesson benefits everyone else as well.

Andy

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As far as I know, when this guy took your wheels, I would think it would be considered wire fraud since it's over state lines and also could be theft by deception. I would'nt take a back seat to this. I would go after this a-hole who took your money.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahah.... come on now..... your going to extend credit to someone who can't get credit from any banks???

if he's serious, he'll save up for 6 months, and give you all the money at once....

Brooks

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mohammad Fawzy was the pilot who tried to get me for a 94 Viper. He told me he would fly me down, let me stay at his house, and fly me back home-then ship the car up to me so I wouldn't have to drive. Too good to be true. Once I tried to see the title, he never would answer my calls. I wasted a week talking to this ****. If I can find his phone #, I will post it on here. Had it on one of my old e-mails with his picture even.

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been called by this guy too. Fortunately, I had read here where the guy was scamming and told him to pi$$-off and that I knew about him. He hung up before I could finish my rant.

Anyway, what's the deal with $1,500? Is there some line where this $$$ amount doesn't ring any bells or isn't quite a felony crime yet? We should figure a way to lure this **** into the open for big bucks and put a noose on him. Amit needs to cooperate with the law and actually try to sell this guy the car. I'm mean, not for real, but just to scam him. Something at that $$$ level would have to be considered.

In reality this dude is some illegal alien that lives by scamming and stealing. And here we are paying the insurance and taxes that let this type of scumball get away with this garbage.

C-Ya, Tittle

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,
Sounds like after laying low, MM has resurfaced.

Could each of you that have been "Mohammeded" please do me a favor and send me your email addresses so I can hook up with each of you regarding this fellow. Why? The FBI has assigned a field agent to the case concerning the "wire fraud" he perpetrated through Western Union.

W.U. has pretty much shut down his ability to use them, but will work with the FBI and an individual "buyer" if needed to be able to catch him.

The Field agent has requested some very specific information, I'll forward that request to those of you that reply, and gather all the information up and send it to the agent in the format requested.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, Send me an e-mail with the agents name. It just so happens the FBI has an office across the hall in the building I work in. I may be able to help out on this end. Does this guy buy parts also? I may have some things that would interest him enough to get him out of hiding.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, don't suppose a scam artist would ever check the Viper BBS for leads. Why don't you make this thread disappear until the issue is resolved, lest the wrong parties be tipped off.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried to call "Mohamed" on the cell# that was posted. Guess what? Not in Service!

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by luvdaviper95:
If this guy calls you, ask him his name. If its Mohammed Mohammed just say "sorry you are such a pathetic loser" and hang up on him. His joy consists of getting you to talk to him.

Andrew
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the Secret Service would like to get a mailing address and working phone number. Cell is OK
, so if he does call any of you, play along.... you'll enjoy the call, and you may learn a little about scammers that could be very valuable in some future dealings in life.... with someone who may appear "legit" on the surface.... but deep down may be a scammer like M. M.

I have been asked to compile the following in a spreadsheet to forward as well:

Requested from Western Union:

1) every victims name
2) the amount of loss and the dates of the losses.

What I need from you is to have all the victims of Mohammed send in their information including daytime phone numbers so that we can get this thing rolling.

If you know of any other clubs that have fallen victim to this guy they should also give us information as the more people who complain the better the chances are that the Secret Service will take over the case.

So, if each you could send me the requested info, I'll compile and forward it as requested.

Jay

P.S. So far he has not found the UBB, guess he is to busy in the classifieds. If the secret service can't catch him, I'll just put a big "fraud alert" on the classifeds, and that should keep him away from us anyway.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,

Some things never change.
The quote from Amit: but the fax came from a Chicago number (or a fax machine programmed with a Chicago number). clearly states that this guy won't quit.

Heres a breakdown of the Illinois area codes.
312 - downtown
773 - neighborhoods on the northside.
847 - north suburbs
708 - southside of the city and suburbs.
219(?) - central Illinois
309 - Peoria and central Illinois.

Have I missed any? A trace on the fax number may reveal someone who's involved or it may be an anonymous fax that was used in off hours. either way lets keep publishing this thread all around the web.

JGK95

Eventual 97 GTS ACR owner.
Look out Ferrari!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery