Warranty issue. AC condensor Remove hood and bumper?

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have my Viper at the dealer for some work. I have a DC Maxcare warranty and they want to replace the AC condenser. They are telling me thet even though te warranty covers parts and lobor, they will need to remove the hood and bumber to make sure they don't scratch anything and that the removal of the hood and bumper are not cover and Iwill have to pay the $190.00 for that part of the work. Does the hood and bumper need to be removed for the AC condensor replacement? If the warranty covers parts and labor, how do they decide that this type of labor is not covered? Any comments?

Kurt
San Diego

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is required and it is covered. Time to find a new dealer......

Same situation for me and it was completely covered, except for the deductable of course.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the front bumper cover so much, just make sure they order new plastic fasters because once they are used once, they don't work as well.

I would be more concerned about the hood being removed. Make sure they outline the mounting plate on the hood with a grease pencil or something that way when they put the hood back on it will line up.

Cam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Run Run away fast. The fascia has to come to get to it. ( Part of the job.) There is no reason to remove the hood. The only cost to you should be your deductable.