Warranty Transfer

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased '04 Viper w/ 70K warranty. DC is telling me tht I had to transfer the warranty in the first 30 days (I thought it was done automatically). Is this accurate? How do they know when I purchased the car?, private sale
Then the ******* tells me I can purchase another warranty.....lol

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The bill of sale should have the date that you bought the car. Other then that, maybe the registration might have a date on it. I believe that the factory warranty converts over automatically but an extended warranty has to be done in writing with in a certain amount of time. You could just make a copy of the bill of sale and change the date so that you are in the time frame. Of course that would be wrong and I would never do such a thing. ;) How long agao did you buy the car.

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful with the transfer of the warrantee.. make sure the transfer takes and has your mane with the vin of the viper... You DON"T want a problem and find out the paperwork was not completed correctly. That's why the seller said to purchase a new warrantee.. Just follow through with the paperwork..

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC is correct, to transfer the balance of the 7/70 must be done within the 30 day timeframe.
I did a short stint in Finance over at Integrity, so I'm a little familiar with the program.
:)

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went down to the dealer yesterday to transfer the remainder of my warranty into my name. It seemed not to be a very big deal.

1. Stop by the warranty clerks office.
2. Told the clerk I just purchased the vehicle and wanted to transfer the remainder of the warranty into my name.
3. Pay $150.00 dollars.
4. Got a print out of all the warranties I'm entitled to....most important my powertrain is warranted until 2011.

They did not ask for any proof of purchase or registration info.....so if it has been more than 30 days, you might be able to retain your warranty as long as you don't give up too much information.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info, that is the route i am going to take