Warranty

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're asking about warranty stuff than I'd like to know how the following mod's that I'm considering would effect the warranty as well.

-cat back (such as btr)
-headers with hi-flow cats (such as btr)
-short shifter (such as svsi)
-k&n with smooth tubes (such as from sean roe or hms)

This is my winter to spring wish list of mod's, will any or all effect the warranty?

PS: vipering, sorry for only adding more questions & no answers
You must be registered for see images

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K&N's and smooth tubes should be no problem. Everything else depends on what problem occurs and WHO you end up with examining the problem.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically, any modification CAN void a warranty. We have found that if you bring your Viper to a reliable Dealer for service that you should be able to avoid any problems. The more you modify, the more likely you will void out your warranty.

It also helps greatly if you are a VCA member, since we have been able to assist at times.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I posted a couple of weeks ago, when deciding what mods to do on 2001 GTS, it was recommended to me that I give strong thought to headers, and fact that they MIGHT cause engine warrenty problems, ESPECIALLY if local dealer doing the work was NOT willing to "overlook" headers when reporting issues to Dodge. Borla cat-backs did NOT seem to carry the same level of worry. Remember, Dodge will likely be under much tighter scrutiny with management changes, and Chrysler's recent losses. Of course, above is speculation, but many feel that the "rules" are changing...fewer give-a-ways, fewer cases of Dodge Zone Rep "looking the other way". Remember, this was a TOPNOTCH, well known and HIGHLY RESPECTED dealer source giving me the above heads-up. At this point, one charts one's OWN course...Happy Vipering!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine