water/methanol on N/A

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any gain for this? i have both the methanol and the supercharger, just not installed yet, i want to mess with the VEC2 before i install the supercharger. I will also be installing the **** kit before the intercooler, any gain on using it without the supercharger?

thanks

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have an intercooler why would you want to have w/m? I am assuming you have a Paxton and therefore you would not need w/m. If it was my car, I would not add it but that is me.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some do use w/m on paxton cars with an air to air cooler but i just dont understand why. my Y-pipe is plumbed for it already and i know JD used it when he had my kit....

i guess if you dont have access to good octance gas it might help ?

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adding w/m injection to a na motor will result in some gain but not much maybe 5-20hp. Anytime you lower the temp of the air/fuel you will see some gain from the lower temp mix.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This wont be exactly what you are looking for but I'll post it just in case.

On my Paxton SRT Ram with 8psi, lots of mods and VEC3 Joe Donovan was able to get me 667 rwhp. With the addition of water/**** injection (50/50 mix) and his tuning my numbers jumped to 702 rwhp. The torque before and after the water/**** was almost the same...around 665 or so. I should add we are also running both the Paxton and X-Metal heat exchangers.

OP
OP
P

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys, i know the water/**** is going to be good when i install my Roe supercharger (forgot to say which it was) because there is no intercooler that can be fitted with the kit.

Although, i want to take my time and install everything slowly to make sure i don't do any mistake. So basically, i want to install the water kit first, should i use it while i am still NA, this is the question.

crimepays says 5-20 hp, i guess it might help when outside temp is really hot, otherwise the intake temperature on an NA will be lower than a boosted application.

So i guess i will install it but not try to tune it or run it until i install the supercharger since there is minimal gain to have. I just wanted to know if some had tried it.

thanks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call sean roe, he told me there was "some" hp there but it was only like 5-9rwhp...not worth it if ya ask me. but i know he did some testing on this for a N/A car

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would think the benefit for an N/A application might also be if you were running a high compression set-up.:dunno:

A cheaper route than having to run 93+ octane.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32