water seeping in through dr/pas window and rear

Yofubu05

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it normal to get water coming in through the driver, passenger, and rear glass when doing a car wash? Or should I take it to a dealer? I have a 05 red convertibile. I try to search in this forum but compared to other forums i've been in this one does not have a great search engine.

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No its not normal. Mine has leaked a time or 2 at the top latch and the passenger corner where it meets up with the top, but only if I am directly spraying water on it for more then a second or 2.

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine leaks in the exact spots you mention but only when direct water pressure is applied at those points. No leaking when I lightly spray these areas or when I (unfortunatley) got caught in moderate rain.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took mine back to the dealer for the same thing and was told that this is normal in a high pressure car wash or if you are using a high pressure washer. It seems to come in where the weatherstrip butts together when the top is folded down. When it rains the car is dry. I have run a hose on it and it stays dry also. This only occurs in a high pressure car wash. DC says it is normal but I do not feel a $90,000.00 viper should leak at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4