We got to see the coupe in the sunlight today!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today during the annual CEMA show on the grounds of the Walter P. Chrysler Museum the new coupe popped out into the sunlight!

659405Coupe3-med.JPG

My personal impression is that the lack of stripes helps the overall flow of the car's design.

659405Coupe-med.JPG

Yep, that's a satin finish metal gas cap cover . . . note that they still haven't solved all that black surround in the rear window!

659405Coupe4-med.JPG

The wheels look like standard SRT-10 issue (not that they're bad - they just aren't what was shown at VOI8!) . . .

659405Coupe2-med.JPG

The big brother SRT-10 Ram makes a nice pair!

659405Coupe5-med.JPG

You can see all the CEMA member show cars in the background -- great show!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice pictures! I still like the rear end on my srt-10 better however...looks like i will have to purchase that comp coupe hard top that Chris was teasing us with about a month ago...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice pictures! I still like the rear end on my srt-10 better however...looks like i will have to purchase that comp coupe hard top that Chris was teasing us with about a month ago...

Speaking of which, rumor has it that it is back on the burner...

GREAT pictures and thanks for taking the time to post them!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Back on the burner" as in "being worked on as we speak" (as opposed to on fire and smoldering ;) )...

And absolutely NO diss to you, but your question reminds me of Cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid) after Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) tells the kids that the radar showed Santa Claus just crossing into the Northern hemisphere. Eddie replies, "Are you serious Clark?" (Christmas Vacation) :2tu:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nononoon..i didn't take your post literally, sorry if I misunderstood at first. I must be really tired! I don't know why I even posted that! On another note...i never knew that development on the hardtop stopped in the first place..

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce any other pics from the show? i had to take my daughter to a birthday party and could not make the show. i have seen some truly rare cars at the show before. daytona hemis, vector w8(twin turbo) and many others

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvan, the rarest car I saw was a 1958 prototype Duesenberg. Had a 32 valve twin cam straight 8. I think he indicated somewhere around 7 liters displacement. Your first thought would probably be that Duesenberg was out of business well before 1958 and you would be correct. The prototype was created to try to get another oem to assist in reviving the Duesenberg name.

Another was a recreation of the original Ramchargers first vehicle the High and Mighty. Tom Hoover and most of the original Ramcharger group (those that still survive)were there and made a nice presentation.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron i have seen the car you speak of the "duesy" on woodward built buy a local man and still owned by his son, i think it was built on a packard chassis and used the duesy straight 8 and has been in autoweeks old car story section. i saw it parked in front of the auto zone car memorbilia store last fall. lots and lots of very rare and interesting cars seem to show up at the CEMA show.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i prefer the stripes, also the new wheels. Just doesnt look the same without the new wheels on it.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the new coupe but something just does not look right. When I first saw the blue and white coupe I was in love, now I am not sure. I really think that I just love anything with the B/W.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new coupe but something just does not look right. When I first saw the blue and white coupe I was in love, now I am not sure. I really think that I just love anything with the B/W.

I agree. Especially the top picture, something looks off. It just doesn't flow like a GTS does.

Vintage Racer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take the first picture (the RF quarter shot), put your hand over the headlights and front grille to blank them out of the shot. Now what does it look like?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take my drop top over it anyday! It was looking like a nice car before when it had the new rims and I guess the new blue w/ white stripes paint going on!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why DC did the overlap of the rear fenders to cover half the rear lights? Something looks real wrong about the rear. Why didn't they put the rear of the SRT-10? That car is going to flop big time.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
completely agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The roadster is still the one to have IMO.........

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it a lot, the market value of the GTS just went up!!!

Seriously, in my eyes,the major design flaw is this weird mix of angle/square lines with round/flowing lines.

look at the 2nd picture, the side vent has only straight/angle lines and the rear closure panel/spoiler has round/flowing lines.

Also look at the back window,the front and rear are made of soft/rounded lines and has a curvy shape but the side,where it intersect with the trunk lid and fender has a hard angle to it.

Luc.00GTS

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was very nice of everyone to stand back so you could take the pitcures!
lmfao!!! Anyone who owns a GTS would be silly to trade in there Viper for the SRT-Coupe. Very disappointing... :(

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fawking awful on all counts. DC ***** the pooch when designing this car.

Look at how the seam lines are visible between the windshield frame and the top. It's almost unbelievable to me that they're actually producing this car.

Sad, really.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at how the seam lines are visible between the windshield frame and the top. It's almost unbelievable to me that they're actually producing this car.

Strangely enough, this same seam line was on the concepts shown in Dallas and on the auto show circuit. And are also on the Comp Coupes...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfal0003