We Hit 200mph! SRT-4 motor

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: We Hit 200mph! UPDATE!

We took delivery of our new SRT-4, courtesy the boys at PVO. The cage is almost done and we will begin the set-up over the rest of the winter. The current land speed record for a 'blown gas 2 to 3 litre coupe/sedan' is 202 mph, we aer looking at going for 225 to 240 mph at SpeedWeek in Bonneville 04'. THis will make the SRT-4 the fastest blown 4cyl coupe in the world!

<http://www.racedeckracing.com>

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, we know that with the 32' roadster ( a barn door for aerodynamics) we had aproximatly 780hp + we hit the 200 mph + mark. In both the SaltRod and the SRT-4 we will be running our new motors that should produce about 900+HP on gas, and a little more is we run in the fuel class. I am pretty confident that if we can keep it straight and hooked up, we will have an excellent shot at it.

:2tu:
RaceDeck Racing

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just found out that we made it in this months HOTROD Magazine! (pg 72)...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Congrats! Nitrous? Blower? Turbo?

I'll go look at the other post

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a Gas Turbo Motor- No NOS, No Nitro or Alcohol....In the new SRT4 we are building, we are looking at over 900hp ( we will also be putting a new motor in the salt rod). We could go with more HP, but it has to last many runs at over 5 miles under full boost and full load....

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Racedeck,

I just picked up a copy of Mopar Magazine from my local dodge dealer when I went to by oil filters and on page 7 they have a picture of your car and 1 page write up. Not sure if you saw this.
Congrats and great job with the record breaking run. If you a copy of this magazine let me know.

Ed

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats. Just interested to know...if you know what distance you covered from a standing start to hit the 200 speed, and how many seconds it took?

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Incredible accomplishment! I drive 280 miles to have Dave Harris, the Racedeck Racing crew chief, work on my Viper. He does incredible work!

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi ***! The Viper and family are great! Hope all is well with you. When are you coming to visit again?

OP
OP
R

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nadine UK GTS :

The total "long" course length is 5 miles. It is not the top speed they measure, but the average for a full mile...you have three zones they measure. the 2to3 mile / 3 to 4 mile / and the 4 to 5 mile. You do not launch off the line like at the drags...you take off at idle and build up to whatever speed you need to be at going into the mile marker "2"... This is when you are setting the car in its "groove". I have been at the 190-200 mark comming into the gate, but that is not always what you want if you are trying to set your top speed at the 4-5 mile zone...it is really difficult to keep a high-boy roadster straight at 200 mph for such a length of time ( 24 seconds if you enter at the 2 and exit at the 5 mile mark at 200 mph..

www.racedeckracing.com