Weird problem with SRT-10 coupe

rf5000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 SRT-10 coupe. The other day the car was parked in my garage, unlocked. I went to open passenger door and as soon as I did the horn sounded. It was a long continuous sound that went on for 10 seconds or so and then shut off. I figured it must have been alarm. I got in car and drive down street. While driving the horn went off again continiously for 10 seconds or so and shut off. The car did this three or four times until I got to my destination. It was even doing while going 80 mph down the freeway. When I got back in the car, I drove it for a few minutes with no honking so I thought it was just a glitch, but then it started doing it again at random intervals until I got home and put it back in the garage. This morning I got up and went out and opened driver door and it went off again!!! Car was unlocked. I have no idea what is going on here. The alarm is a pulsation horn honk, right? This is a long continuous honk. Please help

OP
OP
R

rf5000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, you had mentioned clock spring. But would it be clock spring when it's just sitting and has done it twice now just opening the doors? Also, as far as battery, the car seems to start fine and all electronics work fine, so it could be bad battery?

OP
OP
R

rf5000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else have any ideas or votes on this?

OP
OP
R

rf5000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, but can you guys explain why you think it is clock spring? I just went out and opened the driver door and it did it again. Would that have anything to do with the clock spring?

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that it only happens when there is some type of motion?
I vote on the hood alarm switch being on hair trigger setting. Shim the hood where the switch makes.
BillyC

OP
OP
R

rf5000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Like I said, if the car is sitting and I open a door it will do it. Plus the car is unlocked, so the alarm would not be active right? That would rule out the hood switch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang