Were can i get a complete gear set for my 2001 GTS?

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already have an aftermarket flywheel and want to go to 3.55 gear set. Is there a vendor who does complete swap out? Or can i just buy the gears and change them out?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are readily available from most Viper mechanics and tuners. I know Parts Rack usually has them in stock, and Eddie Martin in your area can put them in.

You can also drive to Unitrax in Orange County and they will put them in while you wait. You will have them all broken in by the time you get home : >)

The installation and set up of the gears is all the magic. They need to be set up just so to avoid being too tight and running noisy and hot, or too loose and being weak and subject to shock.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Unitrax. They are also the US distributor for the Yellow Box Speedo Correction kit you will need after the gear swap. You can drop the diff and send it to them or make the road trip as Paul mentioned. The road trip is easier....

OP
OP
A

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks talked to Unitrax and they gave me a great price. So since the car won't sell i am going to mod it a bit and enjoy it! heading to Cali in 2 weeks for the upgrade!

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks talked to Unitrax and they gave me a great price. So since the car won't sell i am going to mod it a bit and enjoy it! heading to Cali in 2 weeks for the upgrade!

Are you having the gears swapped into your rear end or getting another rear end with the gears already installed?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte