We're "Special" People!!...Englishtown

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We\'re \"Special\" People!!...Englishtown

I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone exactly how fortunate we "Really" are... Not because we own the Most Awesome cars available, but because we "belong" to the Most Awesome car club available..... I just got back from Englishtown NJ and needless to say it was a Great weekend!, Joe Houss did a Super job of being the "Host" and I had forgotten what a pleasure he is to be around ( a TRUE Viper enthusiast). Fortunately the weather didn't put a total damper on things as everyone was able to get in plenty of racing, without any major mishaps....EXCEPT ME????.. On what was to be my last 1/4 mile run of the day BOOM!, there goes my half-shaft and here comes the drizzle, I was quickly pushed under the 1/4 mile staging area overpass and instructed by the owners of the track that I could leave my Viper there, covered, until we figure out what to do??? I'm thinking, Great here I am stranded in NJ and I'm gonna have to flatbed my Viper home.... Then I see this guy riding a "white horse" (actually a Red Viper),carrying a half-shaft ....It's Don Nase Jr. and Sr!!!.. Don Nase Jr. had seen what happened, unhooked his racing trailer rig, drove the 1 1/2 hour roundtrip to his house and got me a half-shaft^&%^%$^%$$ UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Naturally I'm VERY grateful, but now what?? I don't have any tools nor the knowledge of putting it on...NOT TO WORRY!!, here comes the rest of the "white horses"!!!..Nick Mannarino owner of Modern Performance Inc. (732-222-3679) was one of the sponsors for our Viper event, he and his crew were on hand to help with performance upgrades, it took them approx. 30 minutes and I was DRIVING my Viper back to the hotel!!... I gotta tell you that my most pleasant memories and experiences from my 8 years of Viper ownership is OUR VIPER COMRADERIE within OUR VIPER COMMUNITY, I've had the opportunity of seeing and experiencing it several times over the years....To me, ALL of you guys (and ladies) are "priceless", ...Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this club!!

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: We\'re \"Special\" People!!...Englishtown

Guys, your story is what makes Viper ownership the truely special experience that it is. Kudos to the Nases' in helping a friend in need as well as the Modern fellas who completed the "good samaritan" role. If we can maintain that type of mutual concern and desire to help one another, we are way above a mere car club. Maybe its the tone of Dodge in building these special cars for the small segment of the market who can afford the cars and want to share the "community" sense that has been built around them. Our frind Joe Houss plays no small role in perpetuating the comradarie that the Viper has stimulated. Joes unselfish efforts in all the events in which he is involved is a model for team spirit. He is a real treasure and we in the Viper community owe him a real debt. Just my opinion, and my respect for the type of help that was rendered to a Viper owner stuck in NJ with broken half shaft. Good Job Guys
Bob Carroll NJ VCA