What a difference slicks make! (duh!) Latest 1/4 mile results...

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was my first run at the drag strip with John Purner's drag racing set-up (rears only -- I used spares for the front -- Purner's fronts are coming things week). I knew I was traction limited on street tires, and I was expecting about the improvement that I actually achieved (based on G-Tech 0-60 results), but still I was impressed (and the smile hasn't come off my face yet).
You must be registered for see images

Previous best at Carlsbad on street tires: 12.5 at 118.1 mph. Yesterday on MT ET streets: 11.7 at 120.4 mph. Short times dropped from 2.09 sec to 1.77 sec.

Since Carlsbad is prepped poorly, I'm expecting 1.65-1.70 sec short time at Pomona on Saturday with ET of 11.5-11.6. We shall see. Kid97GTS, ya got that supercharger yet???

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!! Great times, and did you say you had a .504 reaction time? I hate you, just kidding unbelievable times. In the state my snake is in now I figure I can do about an 8 minute 1/4 (pushing it as fast as I can).
I loved the post by the Vette guy, I gotta give him credit he has class, I'd like to meet him some day. I'm sure you'll come close to an 11.5 at Pomona wish I could be there. But when my baby is up an running with a fresh motor and better breathing I might pop for the slicks & half shafts and we'll make a go of it. Whose your new racing buddy kid97GTS? What's he got? What do I have to do to keep up with the Jones's?

Motorless Ron (SoCal Rebell)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo