what are these wheels worth?

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi all, just bought new wheels and tires for my 97 gts, and decided not to keep the originals until my car becomes an antique. anyone have any idea what i should realisticly ask? they are stock 97 wheels and center caps argent, not polished, a little curb rash on the rt. side, left side clean, with 1 small 3/8" in chip. the tires are original with 4100 miles on them, tread measures between 7/32 and 1/4 in. as measured in several spots on all tires. tires have no dry rot or flat spots and appear excellent, but i am sure they hardened from age. are they worth more as a set, or am i better off seperating the wheels and tires? less trouble is better. thanks for any advice. rich.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold 96 GTS wheels and tires for $1500 last year. They sold VERY quick and were in excellent shape.

Your 97 wheels are even better since they are forged.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold two sets of 17" stock wheels, one set forged, one set cast, both had decent tires. Both sold within the last two months on Ebay for $1400 for each set. :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe only the late ´97s had forged wheels. Many are still cast, which could make a difference when selling them.

Oh, I got $2000 for mine last spring. Off my ´98, Forged, awesome condition, with 4 tires(original), and 2 like new Kumhos on the back.

I felt pretty good about that! :D And the buyer felt even better when he put them on his ´95 Black RT!