What are you expecting to see tonight in the "teaser" pic?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you sir are not a car guy.

dont go loosely calling someone "not a car guy":nono:

The man basically said he dosnt get a boner over cars which i agree with and think that people that refer to cars as sex are perhaps missing somehting in there life. ....like pu$$y;) For example the guys that i have seen at carshows ******* the back of my GTS. Yes i am serious...:rolaugh:

Sure, i agree that cars can look **** because some of its definitions are: "excitingly appealing, interesting, glamorous, or trendy: Ex: a **** new car."
I also can relate the curves of a car like the GTS or a jag with the curves of a beautifull womans body. But never have i been sexualy aroused about a vehicle.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever said LED's don't belong on the Viper I would have to disagree. They looked fantastic in SLC and from the teaser pic they changed them and they look even better now!!!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever said LED's don't belong on the Viper I would have to disagree. They looked fantastic in SLC and from the teaser pic they changed them and they look even better now!!!

Hey Bob, I agree. I also think they look great on the Audi A6. I would really like to have an A6, but new they are a bit out of the price range and they are not dependable enough used for my liking. I do like the LED's, but do have to agree with whoever said the new Charger LED tail lights are too bright, but they still look good. They will be around to stay until something new comes along--which will probably be soon as technology is changing at an exponential rate.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tendency toward using LEDs to give the front of a car a persona is a mixed bag but many like it. I think the designers have to be careful that they do not start creating cars for kids' movie sequals. A car is not a person - at least not yet. On the other hand, I do like LEDs because they last a very long time and that is where industry standard is heading.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is extremely crude, but this is where I see the front lines shapin up to be...

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've never ever even came close to getting a chubby about a car... :omg: It's just a damn car with more similarities to the one I have in the garage (Gen 3) than differences I am betting. :D
Just kidding! Only tongue gets me hard now!
(hopefully I don't need to tell you that's a joke too, right? :rolaugh:)

Last edited:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To each their own I guess. I'm willing to bet those that like the LED fad lights are the same bunch that think traction control is a good idea. LEDs look great on Porsche and Audi and Mercedes. Last time I checked this was supposed to be a raw American muscle car. Not some metrosexual yuppy car. I can't relate to wanting to change the whole premise on which something is built. You may like them but you can't argue that it's in Viper DNA. The Viper needs LEDs like it needs a hole in the head. It reminds me of how SRT catered to a small percentage of people who wanted towing in the new SRT8. Then they took the center exhaust away and now the SRT8 looks the same as an overland in the rear.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, seems everyone is on edge with this new teaser and wanting so bad to see the new car. Car guy this or car guy that, seems that a most people would have figured out the chubby comment was an exageration to clarify. Chill out and stop taking every little thing so serious. Not missing a thing in my life and definitely have my priorities straight. Pretty touchy lately. Maybe SRT should release a real pick and release the tension.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, seems everyone is on edge with this new teaser and wanting so bad to see the new car. Car guy this or car guy that, seems that a most people would have figured out the chubby comment was an exageration to clarify. Chill out and stop taking every little thing so serious. Not missing a thing in my life and definitely have my priorities straight. Pretty touchy lately. Maybe SRT should release a real pick and release the tension.
If they do that, then they won't have anything to laugh at. You know they have read all these posts and are chuckling away.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know this is extremely crude, but this is where I see the front lines shapin up to be...

--RS

Even though you call my sketch "**** of a drawing" I'm hopping your lines are accurate. I made another sketch based on those lines and since the front is shorter it makes it look wider and meaner I kind of like it. Either way I think we are not going to be disappointed...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though you call my sketch "**** of a drawing" I'm hopping your lines are accurate. I made another sketch based on those lines and since the front is shorter it makes it look wider and meaner I kind of like it. Either way I think we are not going to be disappointed...

The '**** of a drawing' I was referring to was the Volado thing.

--RS

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After several iterations:

I'm sticking with this one:

Can't wait to see the real one...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just kidding! Only tongue gets me hard now!
(hopefully I don't need to tell you that's a joke too, right? :rolaugh:)

Gee, at my age food has replaced sex completely. The other day I had a mirror put in over my kitchen table--my kid walked in and I covered my main dish... :D

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sticking with this one:

Can't wait to see the real one...

THIS! This is what I had in mind! Now remove the gen III/IV hood lines and we have a winner.

--RS

Edit: JUST LIKE THIS!

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THIS! This is what I had in mind! Now remove the gen III/IV hood lines and we have a winner.

--RS

Edit: JUST LIKE THIS!

Do you think they are going back to a single piece hood?

It is really expensive to replace the hood on a gen2 correct? that's one of the reasons the moved away from it on gen3/4s. It looks nice but I don't know if that's the way to go. Anyone who was present at VOI and so the model has any comments on this?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Tonycool but the front grille on those pics is horrid ....... I hate the way you have drawn the two outside edges angling out towards the outta front tires. The grille should be curved in to the center.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think they are going back to a single piece hood?

It is really expensive to replace the hood on a gen2 correct? that's one of the reasons the moved away from it on gen3/4s. It looks nice but I don't know if that's the way to go. Anyone who was present at VOI and so the model has any comments on this?

Yes but I believe the biggest problem with the gen I/II hood was the curves that went into it. It hung down on each side down to the side sills, that wasn't easy to make and if I remember 9 out of 14 hoods never made it onto a car.

The hood that I'm thinking off is similar to the comp coupe/Mercedes SLR...notice that you can still see the side profile of the car.

You must be registered for see images

--RS

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the big flap hoods on the early gens. I know what you were saying about all the scrap they had during the manufacturing of those hoods. 9 of 14... wow.
The resin has a very long way to travel while being injected into the mold. As it starts to cool it begins to thicken and cannot travel the entire length of the mold. Then you get a partial piece called a short-shot.
Expensive but I really like it.
Obviously the hood by itself without the fenders is a way around that.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My view is that the gen 5 will not be a cleansheet of paper like the 03 was. The current suspension - frame- is very adequate considering the gen 4 holds the ring record. Interior will get a big upgrade.....how about a starter button on the steering wheel. led strips? no idea....those dynos are running as we speak and i think it is going to be a big number. Have to hand it to SRT, i can get more info on Area 51 than the 2013 Viper.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry Tonycool but the front grille on those pics is horrid ....... I hate the way you have drawn the two outside edges angling out towards the outta front tires. The grille should be curved in to the center.

That's OK. I'm not sure I like it either however I based the grille from the spy shots if you look closely you will see why I drew the grille the way I did. Of curse it could be way off but the edges on the covers and the parts of the grill where you can see through lead me to think the grille as I drew it should be close to the one in the actual car. Off course my drawing ability doesn't even come close to the craftsmanship of the real thing so I'm sure it looks much better in reality. If I would have taken the grille from my imagination it would look like a thousand times better though. Note I wasn't trying to draw the gen5 as I'd like it to be, I tried to draw it as I believe it will be based on what we have seen so far.

If in doubt take a good look at this:

EDIT:

In case you still don't see it:

Last edited:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes but I believe the biggest problem with the gen I/II hood was the curves that went into it. It hung down on each side down to the side sills, that wasn't easy to make and if I remember 9 out of 14 hoods never made it onto a car.

The hood that I'm thinking off is similar to the comp coupe/Mercedes SLR...notice that you can still see the side profile of the car.

--RS

Interesting...

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that bit of info about what ia PITA it was to make the Gen1/2 hood is currently irrelevant as we are talking about a process that was designed 20years ago.

Making a clamshell hood in 2012 would be Cake with our current materials technology.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You mean like this:

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH dear, I see what you mean from those photos :( I really do hope its not like that! I dont know how to do drawings on a computer, but no, I do not like the way the grille widens at the bottom, like an upside down wheelbarrow!

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing the VOI Concept and the teaser pic I have a pretty good Idea of what the new Viper is going to look like. I also have some incredible SRT inside information. Put that together and realize that I am also an amazing artist will let you know you’re in for a treat. So without further adieu here is the new Viper:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing the VOI Concept and the teaser pic I have a pretty good Idea of what the new Viper is going to look like. I also have some incredible SRT inside information. Put that together and realize that I am also an amazing artist will let you know you’re in for a treat. So without further adieu here is the new Viper:

Very nice job. I may just have to sell the house to get one now. I especially like the mustache idea, although I have one of those of my own and really 3 is a crowd... :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude