what are your winter projects?

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember that :( Got any more news on your situation?

I'm in negotiations with the insurance company. They offered me about 30% less than the car is realistically worth here and I'm compiling information as to the real UK value. It's difficult as there are no '96 RT-10's for sale in the UK right now.

Also, I'm trying to persuade the insurance assessors that the car isn't so badly damaged that it needs to be broken. It's definitely an 'economical write-off' but I'd like to buy it back and repair it. But, so far, the assessors are insisting that it would be dangerous to repair the car and put it back on the road and have classified it a 'breaker'. This is despite them admitting that they never even looked underneath the car to see what damage had been done to the chassis! They are claiming that there's damage to the bulkhead but, as you can see from the pics, the windshield is still intact. The front section of the chassis is buckled but that section can be replaced I believe. I'm not giving up the fight yet!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is just STUPID :omg: Grab an attorney by the neck and DEMAND a second opinion somewheres else where they actually DO their job instead of having $ in their eyes!
Send JonB (http://forums.viperclub.org/members/jonb-partsrack.html) and/or Chuck Tator (http://forums.viperclub.org/members/viper-wizard.html) a message, they will definately help you out to the best of their abilities!

I'm in negotiations with the insurance company. They offered me about 30% less than the car is realistically worth here and I'm compiling information as to the real UK value. It's difficult as there are no '96 RT-10's for sale in the UK right now.

Also, I'm trying to persuade the insurance assessors that the car isn't so badly damaged that it needs to be broken. It's definitely an 'economical write-off' but I'd like to buy it back and repair it. But, so far, the assessors are insisting that it would be dangerous to repair the car and put it back on the road and have classified it a 'breaker'. This is despite them admitting that they never even looked underneath the car to see what damage had been done to the chassis! They are claiming that there's damage to the bulkhead but, as you can see from the pics, the windshield is still intact. The front section of the chassis is buckled but that section can be replaced I believe. I'm not giving up the fight yet!

Last edited:

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My winter project is putting head gaskets on the 94 rt 10. Have started already and having a ball! Would not have done it with out the encouragement and help from the Wizard!!! Thanks Chuck.

CamanoViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
  • Greasing the muffler bearings
  • Synchronizing the water pump
  • Topping off the blinker fluid
  • Changing the air in the tires
  • Aligning the pistons
  • Depolarizing the plug wires
  • Adjusting the steering cables

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep adding miles to the GTS, maybe a few trackdays after a radiator upgrade.

This is my real winter project. Installing this...
You must be registered for see images attach

on this!

This is what the motor will look like.

Should be good for around 100mph...not that I have the balls to get past 80 but it's nice to have the power. :)

Rob

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT,

Remove side sills, for painting chipped to hell, Dave's Big Brakes can we have a solution for this like ali or adonised covers???

Fit Corsa Track with Hi Flow Cats

Repair drivers seat side bolser broke

Adjust Comp Coupe Shifter to take Mamba stock gear knob

Instal Comp Coupe shifter

Polish one wheel that has strange scratches.

GT2

Remove and repaint front fascia

Repaint black inside sill areas

Make permenant mount for Sat Nav

Thats about enough including wheels off check and clean just about everything that moves.

Last edited:

VIPER COLIN UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well????? mine is rather large

New Body panels.
New Suspension.
New brakes.
New wheels.
New interior.
New paint.
Engine tune up.
Loads of carbon fibre bits
Reduce some weight

May be a bit longer than just a winter project :)

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My project is a Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring project which will hopefully be complete by spring 2009. :omg: :D These are the things I do to myself :smirk:

Project includes:
  • engine build
  • tranny build
  • differential build
  • interior "tweaking"
  • exterior "tweaking"
  • maybe shocks
  • maybe breaks
Yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :headbang:

Here is a link: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-96-viper-gts-venom-550-making-more-mods.html

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My project is a Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring project which will hopefully be complete by spring 2009. :omg: :D These are the things I do to myself :smirk:

Project includes:
  • engine build
  • tranny build
  • differential build
  • interior "tweaking"
  • exterior "tweaking"
  • maybe shocks
  • maybe breaks
Yeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :headbang:

Here is a link: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-96-viper-gts-venom-550-making-more-mods.html

I'll assume then that all the polishing is done? :dunno:

Didn't see "deciding if my '96 GTS is a Gen 1 or 2?"

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll assume then that all the polishing is done? :dunno:

Didn't see "deciding if my '96 GTS is a Gen 1 or 2?"

Nope! Polishing not done yet :D Haven't even started to polish...probably a couple of years from now. :lmao:

I have almost come to the conclusion that it is in fact a Gen. II (deux). Yuka yuka yuka :smirk:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2008 calendar featuring vipers and my class of 08 high school girl customers. I'll do the pictures in the studio and then paste the girls onto or beside a few Vipers. Anybody want to donate their Viper's picture for the calendar? Just email it over [email protected]

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2008 calendar featuring vipers and my class of 08 high school girl customers. I'll do the pictures in the studio and then paste the girls onto or beside a few Vipers. Anybody want to donate their Viper's picture for the calendar? Just email it over [email protected]

if you are doing a viper calendar that you wish to sell, why wouldnt you take pics of vipers with the girls actually THERE? no offense pictureman, but in all honesty that photo above, and the one you posted in the other thread, well, they look cut and pasted and a little odd IMO.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you are doing a viper calendar that you wish to sell, why wouldnt you take pics of vipers with the girls actually THERE? no offense pictureman, but in all honesty that photo above, and the one you posted in the other thread, well, they look cut and pasted and a little odd IMO.
Excellent question. Was it because she is missing a lower leg that gave it away or the one leg was about 5 feet long? LOL

Have you ever tried to line up girls/models, that you would want to model for a picture, and vipers...for free? The one I did in 06 took me about 3 months I think to get 12 Vipers and models together and the last 3 I had to pay models to pose for the calendar. Many guys don't have time or want models touching their cars, and then my schedule and the girls schedule, the Viper owners schedule and the right time of day and place. If I were making a profit or getting paid to do it I would make it professional looking but since I'm not it's just a for fun project so I can have a viper calendar with pretty girls hanging in my office. Viper Days has a professional done really cool calendar. Many of the pictures in it are ones I've taken but it's professionally put together and printed. What I really want is to walk in to the local Borders book store and pay $10 for a Viper calendar with pretty girls. I think I've seen posts in the past about guys going to make a girl/viper calendar but I've never seen a completed one if one did get made.
Tim

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many guys don't have time or want models touching their cars

I am one of these people. Vipers are works of art. Not meant to be touched by someone who is a mere commoner, known only for their looks, or even worse, by someone who sells chicken wings and beer all day :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What I really want is to walk in to the local Borders book store and pay $10 for a Viper calendar with pretty girls. I think I've seen posts in the past about guys going to make a girl/viper calendar but I've never seen a completed one if one did get made.
Tim

We're trying Tim, we're trying! You're definitely on the list of people to help if we get the ok :2tu:
http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-petes-place/607525-ms-vca-bikini-award-ideas-needed.html

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am one of these people. Vipers are works of art. Not meant to be touched by someone who is a mere commoner, known only for their looks, or even worse, by someone who sells chicken wings and beer all day :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We're trying Tim, we're trying! You're definitely on the list of people to help if we get the ok :2tu:
http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-petes-place/607525-ms-vca-bikini-award-ideas-needed.html

See what I mean, most viper owners are just like Chad, they would never let a pretty girl even close to their car to pose for a picture. :rolaugh:
If you need a photographer I'll be there. Let me guess there is a longer line of photographers to take the pictures than the line of Vipers to pose. :lmao:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just traded my 1970 Dodge Super Bee for a gen 1 Viper with 16,000 miles that was really taken care of well. My main purpose was to have a car that did not have a mile-long to-do list! You guys are scaring the crap out of me with your long lists! Do these things really need that much work? :dunno:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See what I mean, most viper owners are just like Chad, they would never let a pretty girl even close to their car to pose for a picture. :rolaugh:

The last girl who tried to get near my car, I ran over her :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just traded my 1970 Dodge Super Bee for a gen 1 Viper with 16,000 miles that was really taken care of well. My main purpose was to have a car that did not have a mile-long to-do list! You guys are scaring the crap out of me with your long lists! Do these things really need that much work? :dunno:

Depends on where you live. People like me who live in places where we DRIVE year round, don't have many problems, if any! Those whose cars have to hibernate like a groundhog each year, get bored and say "I saw a scratch on my valve cover. Time to rebuild the engine, I've got 6 months before I can drive it again anyway" :lmao:

Last edited:
OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

these things definately dont require that much work. i consider it therapy to detail a car, and i love my dream car! i spent (2) hours this morning clay barring my paint and getting out some minor imperfections that i found. i just find it very enjoyable and i love the way it looks when i drive it when it is clean.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent question. Was it because she is missing a lower leg that gave it away or the one leg was about 5 feet long? LOL

Have you ever tried to line up girls/models, that you would want to model for a picture, and vipers...for free? The one I did in 06 took me about 3 months I think to get 12 Vipers and models together and the last 3 I had to pay models to pose for the calendar. Many guys don't have time or want models touching their cars, and then my schedule and the girls schedule, the Viper owners schedule and the right time of day and place. If I were making a profit or getting paid to do it I would make it professional looking but since I'm not it's just a for fun project so I can have a viper calendar with pretty girls hanging in my office. Viper Days has a professional done really cool calendar. Many of the pictures in it are ones I've taken but it's professionally put together and printed. What I really want is to walk in to the local Borders book store and pay $10 for a Viper calendar with pretty girls. I think I've seen posts in the past about guys going to make a girl/viper calendar but I've never seen a completed one if one did get made.
Tim

thanks tim. can you do a calender without the girls? maybe vipers and their owners? maybe just vipers? how about viper owners and their cute kids? maybe a picture "contribution" calendar? i have a few nice viper pics of my car. just thinking out loud.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howz your list coming Big I?

Pump pulley done...

You must be registered for see images

Water pump off, engine cleaned...

Radiator spotted...

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice work dave! beautiful pulley!

did more clay bar work tonight on mine. new hood pad has been ordered. mine was a bit torn and i wanted a fresh surface to paint on. i am going to remove the hood and paint the underside as soon as the mustang goes to the shop, which should be in a week or two. then, as soon as the hood comes off, the motor gets dismantled and cleaned. headers have been ordered and are on their way!

anyone else?

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks tim. can you do a calender without the girls? maybe vipers and their owners? maybe just vipers? how about viper owners and their cute kids? maybe a picture "contribution" calendar? i have a few nice viper pics of my car. just thinking out loud.

I did one in 06 with just Vipers only. The Viper Days/Archer Racing one was way better than mine so I didn't do a Vipers only one for 07, and they are doing one for 08 so I'll get one of those again.
Chris Marshall did something really neat where he collected lots of really cool pictures and you could design your own calendar. If he sees this he can give you the details. The other option is just take some of your favorite pictures down to the local Office Depot or 1 hour photo and they can custom make your own which is kind of cool too. I think the biggest problem is with so many pictures and options to choose from it makes it to difficult to do so it's one of those things that never gets done. The High school girl one that I'm going to make will have a variety like a few shots with Vipers but probably mostly just the girls by them selves. Maybe more of a marketing thing for my studio, not so much to make money by selling them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang