What do people use to detail the interiors of their cars?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever used Armor All (however its spelt)? You will slide around in your car for a week! lol... You wouldnt be able to sit up straight, you would be on the floor board. lol...

Austin

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armor All is crap! Never use it.

You must be registered for see images

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have experienced two things consistently with Armor All. It causes certain materials to harden, thus crack. And it always causes an oily film to develop on the inside of the windshields. I have experienced this every time I've used it, which has been on two different cars. After my second personal experience of this, and talking to someone who also had the same experiences, I've never touched the stuff again. I highly suggest not using it, unless you know from experience that they have some new formula that does not do this.

Simi Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<font color="red"> I heard that it was bad to use Armour All. But why?
What do you suggest? </font>
SF,
Do not use Armor, its very slippery, shinny, yet its attract dust. If apply on seat you'll have to slice up and down!!!(too slippery) on dash it'll reflect from the sun to your windsheild. Not recommend to use it. As I posted above leather condition its works well for me. :cool:

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, Zaino Z-10 'Leather in a bottle' treatment and conditioner. Gives a nice natural leather scent too.

No greesy feeling on your pants is a plus.
:rolleyes:

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Armor All was ok to use on tires years ago (before better, hi-tech solutions became available)....but it DOES contain water.......AVOID using this stuff on leather goods at all costs....it will certainly cause your leather stitching to rot with repeated use. NFG :( :( :eek: :ooo:

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McGuires makes a leather coditioner wipe that is easy to use, looks great and does not leave an oily or slippery mess when dry. Comes in a round black container you can find at most any automotive supplier. :usa:

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Zaino Z-10 'Leather in a bottle' treatment and conditioner. Gives a nice natural leather scent too.

No greesy feeling on your pants is a plus.
:rolleyes:

Absolutely Z-10 over the entire interior! No greasy silicone shin, just deep clean looking finish.

Okay the deal with Armor All that I was told years ago was that the stuff has both organic components and silicone. The organics cause mold with time and it's responsible for causing harding and cracking of certain type dashes. I had a good friend that had a nice Laguna S3 and kept it spotless. He was dedicated to Armor All and after a few months of using it his dash split and cracked all over.
Supposedly the 2001 product (in the bright green bottle/orange label) was/is better as it is a pure synthetic and had no organic components in it's chemical makeup.
I dunno if what I've written is correct or not just a tidbit I ran across sometime back.

I won't use either of them on any of my cars, only silicone free Zaino products touch my cars.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if you're looking to use it on any car other than high dollar, or Viper, or etc. I've used Armour All with no problems on my Mazda. I did the dash, headliner trim, plastic sidesill covers, and seat backs (backs were vinyl, front surface was cloth). I used a low shine to keep glare down. I didn't experience any of the rotting, cracking, drying out, or dust attractiveness (sorry that happened to some of you). I used the spray over the course of 2 college semesters this year.

Again, I wouldn't use it on any car you want to keep to a high standard judging what others have said.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another plug for Zaino Z-10 for the interior. Armorall is too shiny and slippery as others have stated. Also when it evaporates, it leaves a film on the windshield. I stopped using Armorall years ago even on tires. Zaino tire dressing is much better for tires and other rubber parts (doesn't turn them brown like Armorall).

Please excuse the all the Zaino talk. I promise not to bring up windbreakers. :D

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple Green occasionally when I've got a bunch of track dust in the car. I usually wipe the very dusty areas with a damp sponge. Then, I use a bath towel that has been misted lightly with clear water. I never use any vinyl protectant.

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did you get **** on to the car, everytime i put a moist **** in mine the **** drier vent under the airbag stops any from actually reaching the seat.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it always causes an oily film to develop on the inside of the windshields.

Most of the "fog" or "haze" on the interior glass especially the windshield are the vinyl, plastics, and interior componants "outgassing". This film will appear even if you use nothing.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed a good amount of hazing on my windshield, but that was before I ever used the Armour All, and it was only on the drivers side.
P.S. The only Armour All products I used were applied on the interior pieces in the interior of my car mentioned before and also on the black plastic trim pieces on the exterior. These never turned brown and are still a distinct black. But this isn't me justifying to use these products.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960