What do you call the plastic square in front of the front tires, inner fender well?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The piece covering the fog light access (access panel?) on my SRT is missing, does anyone know what the official name of the part is? I wonder if it's covered under the Maxcare warranty. If not, has anyone ever purchased it before?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What do you call the plastic square in front of the front tires, inner fender wel

Deleted. More accurate data above.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What do you call the plastic square in front of the front tires, inner fender wel

Awesome, thanks Newport. I searched for foglight cover, access panel popped in my head while I was typing question (should have searched, doh!). I was just about to click buy on Ebay, it was listed at $50 ($12 sounds better in the last link you posted). Free is even better, looks like a few people had it covered under warranty.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MaxCare should cover it, but the deductible will kill you.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True, but I have been hearing a weird clunking noise in the tranny so I might use this as an opportunity to visit my dealer!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

smooth :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lost one a while back also. They are pretty cheap and not covered by Warranty. Chuck Tator can get them. I bought two just in case.

The piece covering the fog light access (access panel?) on my SRT is missing, does anyone know what the official name of the part is? I wonder if it's covered under the Maxcare warranty. If not, has anyone ever purchased it before?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 08/09s come with a plastic push pin next to the attach slot, something my 04 did not have....if you do not have the extra security of the push pin, you might consider drilling a hole and affixing one....they are available at advanced,autozone, pep boys ect....

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 08/09s come with a plastic push pin next to the attach slot, something my 04 did not have....if you do not have the extra security of the push pin, you might consider drilling a hole and affixing one....they are available at advanced,autozone, pep boys ect....

Great advice, I was thinking about putting duct tape around the entire edge. Can someone with an 08/09 post a picture of what the plastic push pin looks like and the location of it?

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had to replace mine too, the Wizard said to put some silicone beads on them and then simply break the seal when you need to access the fog light.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great advice, I was thinking about putting duct tape around the entire edge. Can someone with an 08/09 post a picture of what the plastic push pin looks like and the location of it?

Hole is about 6mm...hole closest to outside fender edge is used...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Art/NK. I'm going to use the push pin and silicone together!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heck - why not add staples and duct tape for good measure?

Just kidding - both seem like good / clean appearing options to make sure you don't lose another one.

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the cleanest would be to mold a new inner fender liner without the panel. Maybe I'll use carbon fiber. To access the foglights, I'll just remove the bumper :)

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i need passanger side also, where can they be had for $12...? thanks

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that I've ordered mine, I can tell you... Tator's Garage in NY. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi