what do you guys think.....is it worth it?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the "perfect" SRT? You have to ask yourself what's wrong with the stock SRT and then what does it take to make it perfect in your mind. Obviously that's what the former owner of this fine example did; do you agree with it, especially after a drive in it? He put a ton of money into it and it's worth something if you can appreciate it. Is it more "perfect" than the new 08? Or would you appreciate more the better transmission, differential, heat management (don't bet too much on this one), gas mileage (a little bit), paint jobs, and engine characteristics? I don't know if the suspension will be superior to the aftermarket coilover setup on this one. Is the 700+hp of this one more appealing than the 600 hp (warranteed) of the 08? You have to drive both to be sure or maybe wait for reviews from those who already made the plunge and had similarly modified SRT Vipers. This is one of the finer examples you found but I would wait for that kind of money. This Viper probably has about $25+ of mods for which is worth $12K or less if done right as a used Viper (if you appreciate all the mods). Add that to the market price of a slightly used SRT Coupe. :eater:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What else does it have besides the S/C and wheels? Not really digging the wheels and the seat is scuffed.

Seems like a decent deal. Aren't stock black coupes in the mid sixties or better riight now?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car ready to go. But like ILLSMOQ said, nice coupes are mid-high 60's. Add 10K for a sorted S/C set up. Add KW's or Moton's 4-5K, go w/stock 5 spokes and you've got a great car for 85K or less and you pick the color

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen better much deals lately, and those wheels just dont look right on that car. painting the centers black may help.

Last edited:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paxton SRTs are a dime a dozen. those do look like HREs to me, BTW.

my only concern: the 'wear' on the driver's side seat... that happens at 13k, not 3k miles. looks a little odd to me. but maybe i'm just paranoid.

car is pretty ****. i'd lay on it. ;)

JD

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
an SC'd '03-'06 will be faster than an '08. the SC'd('03-'06) car should be putting down near 700 rwhp an '08 will more than lkely be putting down a little over/around 510hp at the wheels(when we finally get to see some chassis dynos on a stock '08)

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are Velano wheels. 20's all the way around. I did find one black srt10 coupe on autotrader for 61k with 13kmiles but it has ALOT of rock chips in the front.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are they asking for the car?

I was wondering the same thing. All I see is that call for price.

I think that car is worth no more than $70,000 since the new cars are coming out. $65,000 with the wheels is a good deal and anything under is a steal. GOOD LUCK!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with these guys about the wheels. They add nothing to the car. As for the SC, I wouldn't want one, since I am a roadcourse guy.