What do you think I can sell my car for?

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think I can sell my car for? The description is in my signature and it has approx. 9500 miles on it. All mods were made within the past 3000 miles. I also have interior upgrades not mentioned. I have $105,000 in the car. I know I can't get near this with the economy and normal depreciation, etc...

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts would be ask 60k but its hard to say with mods. Some people say they raise the value others say they don't. I have seen silver gen 3s go for low 40s and even one or two in the 30s. it all depends on how fast you want to sell. But as a favor to you as a fellow VCA member I would be willing to take it off your hands for 25k:D

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got a great car there,

I think the pricing problem is wrapped in the way Dodge has been underselling the market by dumping new Vipers are extreme discounts. Don't forget you could pick up a brand new Copperhead (05 model) for $66K just a few years back. And you can currently pick up a new 08 or 09 Vert for under $70K.

Given that somewhere between 45K and 55K might be possible.

Last edited:

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive been looking at two white comm editions with 3000 miles on them priced at 50k and 52k and they only made 100 of them in 2005. And the new 08 Im looking at is priced at 69k. So I would guess that 50k to 55k would be right with the mods. Hope you have better luck selling than I do.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this economy is full of lowballers...
Even in a good economy people should not just throw their money away. Its a buyers market now and thats good for some and bad for others. Like "Kelley book" says 43k-49k. Nice car but good luck with getting a strong price.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got to say that 43-45k would sound like a quick sell price if it were not s/c but that is the kind of mod that has been getting cars just a bit more money. I wouldn't sell for less than 52k unless you are in a rush to sell.

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hold out for what the car is worth. I laugh at the people who shun the mods. Every viper owner has fantasized about a super charger, let alone one with all the right guts in the block.Lets face it, the gen 4 isn't frightenly fast by any stretch of the imagination but with a SC, well, now you're talking.....There's a lot of money in America and there's a lot of babyboomers, like myself that have made their money, got their rentals and put their kids through school, etc. etc. Now, unfortunately, our parents are passing away and leaving us their money. So guess what we're doing with it, spending of course. There's someone out there looking for your car. Flood the market with adverts. Now if you have to sell............ quick............

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold out for what the car is worth. I laugh at the people who shun the mods. Every viper owner has fantasized about a super charger, let alone one with all the right guts in the block.Lets face it, the gen 4 isn't frightenly fast by any stretch of the imagination but with a SC, well, now you're talking.....There's a lot of money in America and there's a lot of babyboomers, like myself that have made their money, got their rentals and put their kids through school, etc. etc. Now, unfortunately, our parents are passing away and leaving us their money. So guess what we're doing with it, spending of course. There's someone out there looking for your car. Flood the market with adverts. Now if you have to sell............ quick............

I won't spend too much time defeating your economic "forecast" (when you mention "our parents are passing away and leaving us their money" might you consider the fact that most would be inheriting stock in many near bankrupt firms?), but:

Lets face it, the gen 4 isn't frightenly fast by any stretch of the imagination
The previous is is just plain false. If you'd like to build an argument for your fantasies, i.e., supercharging an older model, you might want to start with facts.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a built engine, HRE wheels, supercharger, coil-overs, brake upgrades, etc.... Nice parts list. I'd say $59-64K, mostly because it is a common silver vert. Too many other silver verts for sale to compete with, saw a few hit $38-39K stock. OUCH.

Better off parting it out and selling it as stock as possible. People will buy those parts. I'd be interested in the KW's and possibly the 3.33 rearend.

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I've gotten my "gen numbers" wrong. I should have said gen 3. I've had an '04 and just bought the '06 a month or so ago_Of course they are very fast but not frightenenly fast.I'm sure you've ridden motorcycles and had built muscle cars. Of course the '08 is a monster...Must stand firm on the money thing though mate. You should meet some of the spendthrifts I meet at the tracks.....

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I've gotten my "gen numbers" wrong. I should have said gen 3. I've had an '04 and just bought the '06 a month or so ago_Of course they are very fast but not frightenenly fast.I'm sure you've ridden motorcycles and had built muscle cars. Of course the '08 is a monster...Must stand firm on the money thing though mate. You should meet some of the spendthrifts I meet at the tracks.....

Well then...nevermind. :D

As for money, I guess it depends where you look. Things here are pretty tight right now.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It breaks my heart for what all Viper are being sold for right now, You should try to hold on to her What about taking a loan out? Good luck in what ever you end up doing.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if the viper isn't enough of a specialty car... you need a certain target buyer... and there aren't that many people who will buy someone else's SC car to begin with let alone in this economy.

My advice to all people with SC's or TT trying to sell their cars is to prove it doesn't have an engine problem up-front. do a leak down + compression check and advertise that info.

People are scared of modified engine cars. many won't even consider the car b/c they think they are buying someone else's problem.

Lastly, be patient. the only person that wants that car is someone who would plan on SCing their own car after they bought it.

Of the ~20,000 vipers out there, how many have forced induction engine modifications? 10%? 5%? it is desirable to some of us, but not to all. unfortunately there are more of the 'don't want' people than the 'want'.

My .02.... i could go on and on about the concept of buying someone else's problem... but i will spare you. mid 50's is what i'd expect to see offered by the right buyer.

Joseph

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this economy is full of lowballers...

Of course there are going to be lots of people trying to "Steal" cars with this economy but realistic sellers are able to move cars quickly. Priced right would be in the low $50s. Good luck with the sale. Looking at a new vehicle?

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course there are going to be lots of people trying to "Steal" cars with this economy but realistic sellers are able to move cars quickly. Priced right would be in the low $50s. Good luck with the sale. Looking at a new vehicle?

I'm not looking for a new vehicle. I'm contemplating doing something I've almost never done in my lifetime...recognizing trouble and avoiding it, and I'm not talking mechanical issues. I'm on probation for one speeding ticket and have another very serious pending court case and even though I'm not guilty of the pending case, I am guilty of having a hard time not exceeding the speed limit when I drive the car.

I travel for my job for months at a time and only get the opportunity to drive my car every few months for a couple of days at a time. When I do drive the beast it's just as amazing each and every time and I'm addicted to the rush...my instinct tells me that the car (excuse me, myself) will end up in serious trouble if I keep it. I don't know how you other Viper owners, exspecially modded out, drive normal.

I've been to the 1/4 mile track once and that temporarily pacified me for about a day.

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a good lawyer who specializes in traffic tickets.......I haven't lost yet.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... I have a good time with my snake (or one of the Zs), but I have radar detectors always mounted and running. Saved my bacon hundreds of times. :)

In fact the last three days the local gendarmes have been after me and the snake. One of those days, two cops jumped on my tail practically from home all the way to the parking lot at work. LOL... The radar detector was pegged the whole way. The other two days they only tailed me for a few miles and gave up. :lmao:

Time to swap the Viper out for the '03 Z (just as fast as the Viper) for the commute to work! :):drive::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960