what do you think of this '01 RT/10??

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you think of this \'01 RT/10??

a friend of mine is seriously considering this car. really tough to tell from just pics alone, but i know we have some well trained eyes on the boards here.

the hood gap over the lights would concern me most. seems to be more dramatic over the driver's side. i also thought the shade of blue on the sneaky pete front logo looked like the wrong color blue. can anyone with a sapphire snake chip in here? what do u guys think?

6061msapp1.JPG

6061msapp2.JPG

6061msapp3.JPG

6061msapp5.JPG

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: what do you think of this \'01 RT/10??

I'm not a professional or anything, but the driver side hood gap is pretty bad, and the "Viper RT/10" logos seem to be lower on the fenders than they should. The Snake emblem looks like its too high up on the bumper, but I cant say for sure its the wrong color. Has the car been in a front end collision before?

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Owner claims it's free of accidents. Actually his quote is "the car has a clear Carfax" which we all know doesn't mean anything. I know the side badges are obviously not stock.

I'm hoping someone with a sapphire one can tell me if that badge is the right color. looks like '96 GTS color blue.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The hood may not be shut good. I have had mine not latch on one side before. I went over some railroad tracks and noticed my hood move. I pulled over and my hood was winking at me.

The gap does not look the same in all the pictures, the hood not being shut right is my best guess.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well my carfax turned out clean when i bought my car but when my insurance lady ran the vin after i bought it i found out it had been in a accident nothing bad just a minor accident but in a viper cost wise no accident is minor lol. Hood gap is BAD but it might be fixable. As far as the RT/10 badges he has the Chrome ones and i don't think their factory like that but i could be wrong. Looks like a nice car what is the asking price?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For an 01' the price isnt bad at all. I paid 42 for my 99' with 22K miles. He should take it to a local dealer or viper tech for a full inspection. Thats what i did.

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah i agree price is fair, just dont want any 'surprises'. unfortunately its 2K miles away.

42 is a great price for your car!

did you sell the tops yet?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yah i thought i got a very good deal. Well i bought my car while i was here in West Africa just sent the guy with the car to DC performance they checked it out and were my eyes since i told them the situation. They did a full inspection for 90 bucks and said they would look at it like they were buying it for me. Turned out GREAT.
I have the soft top sold awaiting the transaction, but the hard top, tonneau cover, and hard top stand is still for sale. jeff is going to be building me the 3 piece hardtop soon :)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Owner claims it's free of accidents. Actually his quote is "the car has a clear Carfax" which we all know doesn't mean anything. I know the side badges are obviously not stock.

I'm hoping someone with a sapphire one can tell me if that badge is the right color. looks like '96 GTS color blue.

Tim:

Badge is the correct color and the gaps are normal. Mine is the same exact way.
As for the side badges, yes they are a bit lower. Probably changed them to chrome.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The badge on the front of my sapphire GTS looks to be a darker color than that one, but pics can be misleading. Have a look >>

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Mike M

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My badge is that color. The hood gap is pretty bad, but not the worst that I have seen. Price is pretty good. I would defin. have a viper tech look at it. Also, call a dodge dealer and have them run the vin-that way you can see what kind of repair work was done on it through a dealer.

Good luck!

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The front emblem is high, if you see the car in person run your hand at the bottom of the front fascia if it feels smooth just like the rest of the paint on the car its probably been repainted, The paint is APPARENTLY a little rougher in feel originally.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The hood may not be shut good. I have had mine not latch on one side before. I went over some railroad tracks and noticed my hood move. I pulled over and my hood was winking at me.

The gap does not look the same in all the pictures, the hood not being shut right is my best guess.

I agree that the hood is not shut totally on the one side. Whats bothering me is that there is still a large gap on the other side where the hood appears to be closed. I also as everyone else mentioned, that the emblem is sitting too high. I don't think the factory would leave the gap tolerances that bad. I'd ask more questions and as suggested above, have a viper tech inspect to see if there is any noticeable damage under the facia and check chassis. Because the car has a clean carfax doesn't mean it wasn't hit. Its hard to tell but the emblem looks like the same color as one for a 97/96 Blue/White GTS.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would anyone a couple of beers that Viper has had front end cosmetic damage at one time or another. Emblems don't just migrate unless someone had a reason to be removing and replacing them.

Carfax means nothing really, as you said yourself. My wife's car was stolen, reported, recovered wrecked a week later, and fixed. No salvage title, no Carfax record of any of it.

Mike M

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would anyone a couple of beers that Viper has had front end cosmetic damage at one time or another. Emblems don't just migrate unless someone had a reason to be removing and replacing them.

Carfax means nothing really, as you said yourself. My wife's car was stolen, reported, recovered wrecked a week later, and fixed. No salvage title, no Carfax record of any of it.

Mike M

About Carfax. A friend of mine bought a vehicle that had rearended someone so hard it killed a passenger in the vehicle they hit. The driver was drunk so no collision claim on the striking vehicle and it had a clean Carfax too.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had to have the dealer replace some hinge parts on my left front due to the fact that is where I open the hood(front that side) most of the time. It had just worn out and wasnt closing fully.

color looks fine to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang