What Dodge should of done...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Did you have all the new panels painted first and then install them or was there some fitting/finishing that needed to be done first?

You have to remember this is an aftermarket body kit - not oem replacement panels. With all aftermarket kits, there is going to be some degree of work required to get the proper body gaps and lines. I did purchase the kit from Steve as I believe the coupe rear end looks amazing on the Vert and is definitely what Dodge should have done in the first place.

The overall quality of the panels in my opinion are good. There are a few areas of concern that I have and I'm not quite sure what suggestions Marc made to Steve for improvements - as I have also provided some feedback to Steve as well. As I am rebuilding a wrecked Viper I did expect some additional work would be required to get the alignment of the panels perfect - but there are a few things that are not coming together as "un-bolt old panels, bolt on new panels" as suggested. I am very close to the final fit before sending off to paint - and it will be interesting what the body/paint guys think about the quality of the panels and the gelcoat primer that comes on the panels. I'd be happy to share additional thoughts comments via pm for those with specific questions.

Hope to have mine done and back on the road in 6 weeks.

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good. I have a hardtop on order from Steve, getting painted as we speak. I cant wait to get it!
I may have to look into adding this kit as well in the future.