What happened to all the Posts?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This website "upgrade" really hasnt impressed me a whole lot. The only difference I have now, is it takes the top menus (Home, Membership, Forums, Classifieds, etc) FOREVER to load. I've reported it a couple times but still have the same problem. If anything, this site has gotten slower and less stable. I'm hoping they get the bugs ironed out sooner rather than later

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for my side sill post, not going to take the time to retype that monster, to bad, had some possible good info.....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This website "upgrade" really hasnt impressed me a whole lot. The only difference I have now, is it takes the top menus (Home, Membership, Forums, Classifieds, etc) FOREVER to load. I've reported it a couple times but still have the same problem. If anything, this site has gotten slower and less stable. I'm hoping they get the bugs ironed out sooner rather than later
You gotta be kidding, you can't tell the speed is light years better? The home page is loading slow because (I think) they are upgrading the page, but everything else is waaaay faster. I'm sitting in a hotel on dialup and it is still fast, heck, it's faster on dialup than it was before on either broadband cable or a T1 for me.

Reaction score
Likely an unfortunate by-product of preparing to migrate to some new software. The first step is to update the UBB software (which might have caused the hiccup)....then we'll migrate away from UBB. "Ignore" is coming.....as well as some other stuff.

Sad to hear about your posts....sorry! :(

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why when there are SIX hours of posts deleted is nothing stated by the people responsible?

We are speculating as to the cause and if any of the deleted posts will reappear or if they are gone forever. It just seems that responsibility is missing from this boards leadership.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why when there are SIX hours of posts deleted is nothing stated by the people responsible?

We are speculating as to the cause and if any of the deleted posts will reappear or if they are gone forever. It just seems that responsibility is missing from this boards leadership.

They may not have realized it until this thread, they were busy working on the software rather than cruising the board. But Tony (Vipermad) has now explained what probably happened.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But still no one has posted saying what was up. Guess the mantra is keep them in the dark.

Reaction score
But still no one has posted saying what was up. Guess the mantra is keep them in the dark.

For you and Cris...let me type a bit more slowly.

We

are

in

the

process

of

upgrading

the

UBB

software

in

order

to

migrate

FROM

UBB

to

another

software.

Often,

unexpected

things

happen.

You

have

ALL

of

our

apologies.

It

will

be

well

worth

it.

:)

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your smart assed comments Tony. But previously you stated you stated it is "likely to be ..." That sounds like someone on the outside guessing just like the rest of us.

Guess it is expecting way too much for the individual responsible to take responsibility.

Reaction score
Thanks for your smart assed comments Tony. But previously you stated you stated it is "likely to be ..." That sounds like someone on the outside guessing just like the rest of us.

Guess it is expecting way too much for the individual responsible to take responsibility.

I'm sorry....I was honestly just trying to lighten things up. Why do you think someone needs to "take repsonsibility"? Initially I said it was "likely" because I knew there were some things going on in the background but did not expect anything to go badly. After hearing of the missing posts I was pretty sure what might be going on....but could not be sure.

I have seen updated correspondence that confirms my earlier supposition. There is NO responsibility to take....only an explanation. :confused: Believe it or not there is nobody to blame....but if you MUST...then just blame me, accept the explanation provided and move along. :) Looks like everyone else has accepted that fact that $hit happens and there was no ill will intended...and they have moved on. Lucky for them we can provide a little comic relief (at our expense....but life goes on. :)

Reaction score
And if I type more s l o w l y:

I'm

sorry

I

was

honestly

just

trying

to

lighten

things

up.

Ahhhhh, I give up! LOL!!! I'll be your whipping boy...and your huckleberry! LOL!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having eaten some humble pie myself in trying to set up a very modest e-commerce site with an email system and links to pdf attachments... there are an exponential amount of things that can end up not working like you thought. I am speechless trying to come up with a reason why people can't get over website mistakes when all they've "lost" is a few minutes of entertainment.

ViperMad, Jay, and everyone else behind the scenes - never met any of you, but I recognize you have done a huge job and gone pretty much without any thanks.

So, Thank You, guys. In my case, having this site has saved me tons of time, a fair amount of money, and even made me a little while I motor on towards 85,000 miles on the odometer. Keep up the excellent work.

Reaction score
Fuel and Lube Geek of the Realm.....where in the world would we be without your years of input???!!!!

I am a jokster, no doubt. Hardly do I ever write anything serious in public.....so I hope GR8 ASP doesn't really take anything personal. :) That brought a question to mind....is there anyone who can confirm the GR8 ASP!?!?!?! LOL!!

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last Thursday I posted my Viper for Sale but as no one ever approved it it never appeared. I posted it last night under the RT/GTS section. The post took mme 45 minutes to do and then 10 minutes later it was gone. I am just a littele pissed. At least now I know what happend.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For you and Cris...let me type a bit more slowly.

We

are

in

the

process

of

upgrading

the

UBB

software

in

order