What happened to photo of new viper engine post?

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't talk about these things around here.
;)
I dunno, I was thinking the same thing, I went to reply and ****, it was gone!
:(

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I toggled it, Jay Herbert Deleted but mentioned in a post prior that, "this post is being deleted at the request of SRT".

It is the really thing. I saved the pic.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, but why delete the whole thread? A simple deletion of the picture and placing a note there would be much better. The whole God complex is a bit much.
But, then again, what do I know.
:rolleyes:
<--Said the guy who can't edit his sig anymore, no notice, no PM, nada....

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Sam - pull the photo and any sensitive info in the thread if that's what SRT wants, but at least leave the thread in place.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I toggled it, Jay Herbert Deleted but mentioned in a post prior that, "this post is being deleted at the request of SRT".

It is the really thing. I saved the pic.

EMAIL ALL OF US THE PICS

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Having seen the pic before it was vanished, I found it interesting that they went back to an intake for each cylinder bank.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

(in my best child voice)

someones-in-trouble-for-leaving-the-hood-up!! :buttkick:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you look at the pic it looks like it was cut out. so obviously there was someone in it that didnt wanna be seen :bonker: :hitfan:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also i just noticed in the pic the viper does not have a viper emblem!!!! :eek: :eek: [edit](but now i think i see it,oops)[edit/]but One thing i have noticed that I know one other person has is that it has more vents than other pics!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry folks's but keep in mind the fact that someone took the picture illegally at a closed internal test, and as such we respect DCX's policy on not releasing information about future products.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sure the picture got removed, but i am sure the damage is already done.

that picture was a GOLDEN NUGGET of Viper information to speculators, and can probably be found all over the internet by now.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If DCX requested the thread get deleted, that was the right thing to do. The cat however is out of the bag.

I think it's time to stop censoring the other site. We all know damm well what it is and anyone who wants to see the picture of the new motor and clear indication that the 2008 Viper will only have a hood and fascia change has already gone over there.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having seen the pic before it was vanished, I found it interesting that they went back to an intake for each cylinder bank.
It looked more to me like the two throttle-bodies fed a big common plenum.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's really stupid is for ANY car company to send out a prototype these days and NOT expect to see pictures on the internet!

There's only 2 possibilities

-They wanted it to be seen or

-They aren't good at camo

A red painted camo hood, custom made with the extra height to clear the new plenum would make most people think it was just another Viper. Flat black painted engine parts hide details from a camera. Engine kill switches sticking out of the rear are a no-no. Key locks on the hood latch handle?
Too many give aways for anyone with a camera to ignore.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't blame DCX for wanting that photo and the information in that thread removed since it was all company sensitive information. This is one time that I can agree with the sysops deleting a thread.

OP
OP
K

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the significance of the new dual throttle body design?... If i remember correctly SRT said they got better flow from 1 throttle body in
Gen III Vs. Gen II. So are they now getting better, better flow. What's up?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My recollection is that the 8.0L nest of snakes intake is good for a decent power bump when bolted to the 8.3L engine. However, the outboard dual throttle body design it employs does not allow it to fit underneath the hood of the gen III Viper.