What happened to photo of new viper engine post?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, apparently DCX is PO'ed about it and is seeking to blame me for posting it here when in fact I had nothing to do with the photo whatsoever - all I did was find it on another PUBLIC forum and post a link to it here.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Well, apparently DCX is PO'ed about it and is seeking to blame me >>

doesnt suprise me a bit. that is pretty much the way this screwed up society thinks nowadays.

they should be "PO'D" at:

1. the person who took the photo.

2. the person who left the hood open so somebody could take the photo.

DUH.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, apparently DCX is PO'ed about it and is seeking to blame me for posting it here when in fact I had nothing to do with the photo whatsoever - all I did was find it on another PUBLIC forum and post a link to it here.

So what's the big deal to DC. We see a blurry photo under the hood. Their going to be trying to sell us the whole damn thing soon enough.

Obviously they didn’t realize your the Moparman:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. I felt the same way - the photo was in the public domain. I found it on both AllPar and SRTForums before posting it here. It was originally posted on some Honda forum probably as a way to keep DCX off the trail.

If you ask me, DCX should be directing their wrath at those who leaked the photo, not those of us who are amp'ed up about the new car and chomping at the bit to buy one.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either:

A. Someoneat DCX just got fired for leaving the hood open.

B. Someone at DCX just got a raise for a successful free advertising campaign.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either:

A. Someoneat DCX just got fired for leaving the hood open.

B. Someone at DCX just got a raise for a successful free advertising campaign.
I know marketing folks at dc.... they're not that smart :D

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. I felt the same way - the photo was in the public domain. I found it on both AllPar and SRTForums before posting it here. It was originally posted on some Honda forum probably as a way to keep DCX off the trail.

If you ask me, DCX should be directing their wrath at those who leaked the photo, not those of us who are amp'ed up about the new car and chomping at the bit to buy one.
How are they blaming you and what did they say, did they send you a PM or something? They have no issue with you whatsoever and can do nothing about someone simply reposting a link to a photo on a public site. No worries.

It seems to me that if they really wanted to find the source they could. I mean, how many people total were involved in the desert testing with the mules on those days? How often were the hoods up on the red vehicles? I'm sure that there were a few DCX/Viper upper level VIP's there that could be ruled out, a few more clues here and there (I can think of several) and the list starts to get narrower...

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either:

A. Someone at DCX just got fired for leaving the hood open.
I wonder if this was the vehicle in question?

You must be registered for see images

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I blame George Bush! :D

I agree with SylvanSRT. We got to see a crappy camera phone shot. Big freaking whoop, this isn't exactly "Vipergate"

LOL

I like that Chad "ViperGate"

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are they blaming you and what did they say, did they send you a PM or something? They have no issue with you whatsoever and can do nothing about someone simply reposting a link to a photo on a public site. No worries.

It seems to me that if they really wanted to find the source they could. I mean, how many people total were involved in the desert testing with the mules on those days? How often were the hoods up on the red vehicles? I'm sure that there were a few DCX/Viper upper level VIP's there that could be ruled out, a few more clues here and there (I can think of several) and the list starts to get narrower...

It all came to me second hand. Apparently, someone at DCX called Steve Wedel and asked him to talk to our VCA region president (we're the region that ran all the info about the upcoming Viper and Viper production schedule almost a year ago - they were all kinds of pissed about that, but it was all based on info available publicly on the web). Apparently, Steve asked Marko (our president) to talk to me about the photo. When he did, the whole thing sort of pissed me off as I did nothing wrong and here I've got our president supposedly speaking for the national president telling me not to post threads like this anywhere on the internet. Well, I don't work for or answer to our region president so that statement came off sort of offensive and I told him so. If I feel like posting something, I'll post it.

Again, since this is all second hand, I really don't know what Steve Wedel told Marko or what DCX told Steve and certainly, Marko may have been twisting the facts to get me to do what he wants. The bottom line is that I did nothing wrong and if I hadn't posted that pic here, someone else would have as by the time I posted it, it was already on three or four other public sites.

If they're that butt-hurt about it, DCX needs to stop blaming the messenger and find their employee that's actually leaking the info.

BTW: isn't it interesting that DCX did not have the VCA pull the thread about the video of the test Vipers, but they did insist the engine pic thread be deleted? I suspect even more strongly now that the video of the test Vipers was purposely leaked by DCX.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It all came to me second hand. Apparently, someone at DCX called Steve Wedel and asked him to talk to our VCA region president (we're the region that ran all the info about the upcoming Viper and Viper production schedule almost a year ago - they were all kinds of pissed about that, but it was all based on info available publicly on the web). Apparently, Steve asked Marko (our president) to talk to me about the photo. When he did, the whole thing sort of pissed me off as I did nothing wrong and here I've got our president supposedly speaking for the national president telling me not to post threads like this anywhere on the internet. Well, I don't work for or answer to our region president so that statement came off sort of offensive and I told him so. If I feel like posting something, I'll post it.

Again, since this is all second hand, I really don't know what Steve Wedel told Marko or what DCX told Steve and certainly, Marko may have been twisting the facts to get me to do what he wants. The bottom line is that I did nothing wrong and if I hadn't posted that pic here, someone else would have as by the time I posted it, it was already on three or four other public sites.

If they're that butt-hurt about it, DCX needs to stop blaming the messenger and find their employee that's actually leaking the info.

BTW: isn't it interesting that DCX did not have the VCA pull the thread about the video of the test Vipers, but they did insist the engine pic thread be deleted? I suspect even more strongly now that the video of the test Vipers was purposely leaked by DCX.

Well I for one appreciate the info you were able to find on another site.
AS for DCX, step up and start giving us some hope that we will again sit at the throne. Not worry about some camera phone pic of an engine. WE are your customers that spend on our cars what most spend on their homes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. My post was edited to some smiley waving it's finger when it simply directed folks who wanted to see the photo to the "Other Site".

Why?

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. My post was edited to some smiley waving it's finger when it simply directed folks who wanted to see the photo to the "Other Site".

Why?
Careful, or they'll lock out your sig too.
:rolleyes:
<---Sig edited thanks to NF.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, guys, that really bothers me. I wasn't harassing a member, speaking inappropriately, or violating the user terms of service. If the picture was hosted on Imageshack, would I have been edited?

I know there are people out there who want to see the picture - if DC doesn't want it displayed here, why in the hell would you censor me directing someone to another site? In the interest of promoting the Viper (which this site is), I would think you would leave my post alone.

I would appreciate the offending 'editor' to explain why the post was changed, either here or via PM.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just searched for the picture... curious as I am for the 2008 Viper.....
Looks like the engine bay could be photoshopped.... the whole thing looks weird.

I agree with Moparman, I think the video was meant to be leaked.
I found it strange the whole thing was captured... and at the moment of the truth (the hood opening) the camera was filming in a different view, unable to see under the hood.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the thing that cracks me up is: so we saw a pic of an engine - WHO CARES WHAT THE ENGINE LOOKS LIKE?!

i personally dont care if the engine looks like it came out of a honda civic. make it run like a bat-out-of-hell and we will all be happy. :2tu:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly who cares about the looks of the motor i'd really like to know the power output that would interest me. i have heard some information but it is always suspect until it come from the horses mouth

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps another angle.

I appreciate that DC is on a continous improvement program for our beloved Vipers. Knowing that Dodge is working hard, and testing options for bringing the Viper back to the top of the competion is encouraging.

I also would be upset if some sneaky photographer prematurely posted pictures of my project in development. There is no guarantee that this engine will ever see production, and getting everyones hopes up could be damaging to DC's credentials.

Posting underground pictures on this forum may negatively effect the desire of DC to present any advanced information at VOI for fear it may be posted on the internet 5 minutes later.

Just because you can do something does not mean you should do it.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with PULLING the post. I feel if DC is going to have it's hands all over this Site, then we need to be the 1st to know everything about the production of the Viper, and the future Viper before anyone else.

It can only help DC for us to have some excitement over the next Viper, new and improved, before we all go out and buy a ZO6, Ford GT, etc, etc.