What have I done!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the leap; I bought a new Commemorative Editon from the local dealer who made an excellent deal for me (with the grinding haggling of course) but I had to trade in my Infinity to afford it. Yes, this Viper is my daily driver for a while! My current lifestyle (not so current; it's been that way for a long time)allows me to do this but we'll see how long that last. I'm trying the rugged individualist route. My heart took over my head as it usually does when buying cars. I liked the silver Mamba a lot but the white with the blue stripes put me into obsession. So, besides the gawk factor, she corners, steers, accelerates, and stops superbly. What else could you want?! I could nitpick about trunk size, and ingress/egress, etc. but nothing's perfect. I thought I was going get into the C6 which is a great car but I had three vettes before and want to try the Viper experience. Pics? I'll try to find someone with a digital camera. My brother has one but it will be after Thanksgiving before I can post one. :2tu:

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only issue about the Viper as a daily driver (from my perspective) is the attention it gets when parked in a lot (and you are not there). The car is a dream to drive, the clutch is great and its simply fun. Just be attentive to the cars power and torque and get used to it slowly - go find a $1000 ****** if you are worried about leaving it alone outside. I have had my car for several months and have over 2,000 miles on it - its simply a blast! Enjoy it!

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Enjoy your Viper as often as time and weather allows! In Las Vegas that should be nearly every day.

I've driven mine 5900 miles in the last 4 months and will continue to enjoy it until the salt and snow hits the roads!!

I drive it daily and find myself taking the long way to work most days (20-30 miles instead of the direct 6 miles).

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. What issues are there if driven in the rain? I noticed the louver openings into the engine compartment. Does it create quite a mess?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. What issues are there if driven in the rain? I noticed the louver openings into the engine compartment. Does it create quite a mess?

I drive mine in the rain occasionally, without any problems.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
keep the new Viper and buy a used honda civic for a daily driver...

Totaly agree
Who cares what you drive when you have a viper at home in the garage :2tu: ....
Baz :2tu:

viper?billiam - Enjoy the new ride! And as far as using it for a daily driver, why not.
Driving a Civic anywhere for any Viper owner is both unnecessary and an insult. Cheers. :smirk:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats and welcome to the Viper Nation! :2tu: There should be no problem with driving in the rain,(other than the idiots you may find yourself sharing the road with).It would be a good idea to be extra careful to be really smooth with the throttle and brakes in wet conditions.Ther should be no problem with using it as your daily driver unless you have to park it in areas where you feel it may attract
the wrong kind of attention.

Drive and enjoy!

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds to me like someone's a little cocky.

I will admit that when I'm driving my wife's accord or my durango I almost always wish I was driving the Viper...

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep the new Viper and buy a used honda civic for a daily driver...

Totaly agree
Who cares what you drive when you have a viper at home in the garage :2tu: ....
Baz :2tu:

Totally agree.....
Doesn't matter if you drive a civic, an audi, or a Bentley for a daily driver....
If one chooses, use you Viper...
I tend to think of my Viper as one of my toys..
Congrats on the purchase....

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Driven in the rain and mist a number of times including rain at the track, the louvers "work a small miracle" because there is very little evidence of rain in the engine compartment.

Enjoy the car, you got a great color combo!

-J

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been driving my GenII daily since purchase 6 months ago. Grocery shopping, to work, through thunderstorms, for fun...it's all the same.

I would guess (never driven one or even seen one)that a GenIII might be even better as a daily if that's your choice, as it was mine.

One thing to remember is that driving a Viper really involves driving...not cruising with cell phone in ear, music blaring, etc etc. It demands your full attention, 2 hands on the steering wheel, and 100% concentration at all times. It's wonderfully docile and very well behaved in all traffic conditions...but may bite you hard and punish if you misbehave. Never forget what's lurking under the hood. Enjoy it everyday for just these qualities...as I do.

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement. I have noticed the attention this car requires for driving! I don't use cellphones but I do have to think ahead a little more when parking and negotiating heavy traffic (especially when the top is up). The steering doesn't let you daydream too much!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Dodge Shadow as a daily driver. Nothing to be proud of but not as embarrasing with the high gas prices. White is a great color for hiding dirt. I got caught in the rain today with my black Viper and it looked trashed after it dried. Congratulations!!! :2tu:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
forensicsteve----

You said that perfectly. I've tried to take a drink of a soda and talk on the phone while driving...........only once..lol. This is a car that demands you drive it
Notice there is no cruise control..lol

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drove my car once in the rain, spun it into a curb. :mad: There were a couple of posts on this topic, so it might help to do a search. I found the runflats to be especially slick when cold, once my car broke loose there was no way I could get it back, and I wasn't going very fast.

I would recommend a light throttle and low RPMs when driving in the rain, other than that no issues.

jm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456