What is a ******** ACR missing?

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should know this, but is the Gen IV ACR ******** edition lacking A/C and radio? Just radio? Something else? If just radio, how difficult and expensive is it to add one?
Thanks,
John

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive shed more than that off my GTS including:
windshield wipers & motors, windshield fluid bottle, spare tire & jack, behind seats interior&glovebox(to make room for harnesses, stock seat, rear exhaust, radio/speakers/amp.

Does that make me more ********? :)

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone added a radio, amp, system similar to what comes with the standard car? Cost estimate?

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A "********" ACR has a lap timer, is Radio delete, hood pad delete, rear carpet delete, and Carbon fiber Speaker covers in the interior and Carbon Fiber Battery cover. The “standard” ACR is 40 pounds lighter than the regular Viper coupe, the "*********" package saves an additional 40 pounds through the removal of the audio system, underhood silencer pad, trunk carpet, and tire inflator. The radio is replaced by a lightweight cover that can be configured to mount the lap timer that comes with the package.

What is one of the best benefits of the VCA is the forums, the years of sharing knowledge, with a simple search you can find most anything you want, the attached link may have some information to help you out:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/641206-Radio-install-in-an-ACR-********

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What CBR above said has it in a nutshell and well stated. And the purpose or benefits of having a ******** ACR compared to a non ******** is tracking the car. Keeping the weight down and having the right tires. It is not really missing anything and is truly an awesome car right out of the box.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really… what you are suggesting is kinda like buying an Indy car and asking if there is a way to install cruise control :(

I thought I read somewhere that it was popular to order a Gen II ACR ******** (or whatever the ******** option was called then), and then option the A/C back in.

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not looking for cruise control, just a radio since will use the car for driving around. Wouldn't ideally buy a ********, however, found a good deal on one but would need have radio installed after buying to consider the car....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IIRC correctly the ******** ACR's have all the actual wiring in place behind the speaker covers, just need the units.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR is a ********. The wiring is all there. There is no amp under the seat, no radio, no speakers or sub. The front dash speakers are still there, I am assuming the rears are still there too. I installed an aftermarket radio, plugged it in, aftermarket amp in the back hatch and ran my own wires without cutting or drilling into anything. It was pretty easy and there was nothing permanently modified. I even added the rear carpet as I bought one from a Viper turned race car.

I was fine without the stereo and rear carpet, but the ladies appreciated the tunes... and being able to hold a conversation ;) So the carpet and tunes went in.

IMO no one should be afraid to buy a ********. It's quite easy to add the a stereo without hacking up the car or spending a lot of money.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would hate to daily drive a ******** with no radio.... I didn't even look at any ******** ACR's before buying my *normal* '09 ACR. 40lbs / 600hp = no lap time difference.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan to put a set of race headers and exhaust on your car, the radio is just dead weight...as is any other sound deadening materials. The ******** is the closest car on the road to a race car..its that simple.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could live without the radio. Just get a bluetooth speaker and your iphone...
It's the A/C I could not live without while driving to and from the track and around town.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All Gen IVs have A/C -- you could not get any with an A/C delete. The " ******** " was initially 50% of our orders in 2008 ( which were plenty ), but folks kept calling and changing their minds so in the end there were only around 10% who ended up getting this lightweight version. Many think , years in the future, this could be a sought after model with the low volume ( many lap timers are still in their boxes also ).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235