What is a mamba?

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see lots of comments about mambas? What is a mamba? Our 2008 is our first Viper so we don't know all this stuff. Thanks

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see lots of comments about mambas? What is a mamba? Our 2008 is our first Viper so we don't know all this stuff. Thanks

A mamba is a particularly dangerous kind of snake. The word was used to describe a series of special edition Gen III Vipers (black mamba, white mamba etc) that had special interiors and exterior badging but no perfomance modifications as far as I know.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mambas were a GEN 3 interior options package with special colors available for interior trim and seat covering. I believe that there were also special seat stitching. I'm not much of a spec. person so others will correct me if I misposted anything.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a number of viper 'models' that I have no idea why they are unique...

Mamba
Copperhead
SSG

Can someone shed some light on these 'models'?

If it's not in the Viper Buyer's Guide, then I'm pretty much lost...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a number of viper 'models' that I have no idea why they are unique...

Mamba
Copperhead
SSG

Can someone shed some light on these 'models'?

If it's not in the Viper Buyer's Guide, then I'm pretty much lost...

Mambas are white Vipers.
Copperheads are copper color Vipers.
SSG are snake skin green Vipers.
All gen III or gen IV.

That's what I thought anyway.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mamba is a particularly dangerous kind of snake. The word was used to describe a series of special edition Gen III Vipers (black mamba, white mamba etc) that had special interiors and exterior badging but no perfomance modifications as far as I know.

You are correct. Special red and black interior, but no performance upgrade like an ACR option on the Gen II's. They only made 200 mambas per year over 3 years. I have white mamba #174 of 200

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a mamba interior- please ignore the floor mats. There are my crappy weather mats. :)

IMG_0786.JPG

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 2004, they did white and black mamba, 200 of each and each one is numbered with a plate on the console. In 05 they did 200 silver Mambas....also in 05 they did 300 Copperheads and they are numbered also. No performance difference, just the mambas all had special red interiors. The Copperhead just refers to the exterior color which is my favorite, seems to change color in the sunlight. Someone can probably post pictures of all 4.

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mamba's were indeed just a "looks" package. Unique at the time because of the two tone red/black interior with red stitching. My Fangs badge up front and on the steering wheel had red backgrounds that really made 'em pop. Viper lettering on seatback was red also.

As mentioned, 200 of each; black, white, silver with small plaque on console designating your number as ***/200 with a neat logo.

Also came with a car cover and bag that had Fangs and Mamba Limited Edition markings. Loved my Mamba, love my '08 with the 2 tone interior also!

Pic of '08 interior to compare with Mamba.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mambas also came with difference color exterior lettering and a red Viper badge on the front along with the interior changes.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between this question and the "GTS RT" meaning question, I'm really starting to wonder if anyone has google.

Search people, search. The truth is out there.

:usa:

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to have a white mamba lowered with HRE's and two snails under the hood.

:rolaugh::rolaugh: Actually they're dragons :rolaugh::rolaugh: I drive this car all but about two or three weeks out of the year so these are the nice mats:
You must be registered for see images attach