What is boost creep?

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this term in a couple of posts, but I am not sure what it means. Something to do with porting the intake I think? I have a 5lb (soon 8lb) roe blower. Is it anything I need to be concerned about?

Mike

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a problem for you.

Most say that on a turbo car it is a situation where the boost keeps rising even though the wastegate is fully open (too small).

On a blower car I think it would be more like the intake maxes out flow and the boost starts to shoot up because the air has nowhere to go.

I think??

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a problem for you.

Most say that on a turbo car it is a situation where the boost keeps rising even though the wastegate is fully open (too small).

On a blower car I think it would be more like the intake maxes out flow and the boost starts to shoot up because the air has nowhere to go.

I think??

I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A boost creep, is an irritating guy that sneeks into your garage at night, and changes pullies. That way you are never certain just how much boost you will recieve when you drive the car. VVVVEEEERRRRYYYY Annoying.
Beware of boost creeps, especially at Halloween!

Another version of a boost creep, is that other supercharged Viper owner who claims to have more boost than you..

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No you don't have to worry about boost creep on your Roe S/C if you are only going from 5 to 8. Boost creep happends when you install a new set of heads (not on stock heads) and do not port your S/C manifold to match. That is when you have boost creep cause Sean made the manifold to match your stock heads. Ask Shelby3, he has this problem.
Be

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe , at my age, that this is a condition caused by too much Mexican Food and beer , and when a certain condition occurs , following the consumption of the afore mentioned food and beverage types, the boost causes your underwear to creep. This is also called a Burrito Bomb wedgie, though boost creep is much more appropriate to use in sophisticated circles. Glad to help and have a great weekend.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The short answer is you will probably be ok with going to the 8 lb pulley, even though you may well experience some boost creep without really being aware of it. Boost creep is largely why the hp gains are not proportional to the torque gains when going from the 5 to the 8, and also why you can't run a 10 lb pulley with stock heads. And the problem is with the heads acting as a bottleneck, not the intake.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe , at my age, that this is a condition caused by too much Mexican Food and beer , and when a certain condition occurs , following the consumption of the afore mentioned food and beverage types, the boost causes your underwear to creep. This is also called a Burrito Bomb wedgie, though boost creep is much more appropriate to use in sophisticated circles. Glad to help and have a great weekend.
For me, it is caused by to much Italian food, not Mexican. :D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang