What is he stock fuel pressure suppose to be at? Help!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not yet. I have one and need to put it on. I have about 50 PSI at idle. What PSI is it suppose to be at full throttle?

On my paxton set up at full boost, I am seeing about 80 PSI which I should be seeing 100 PSI from what the directions tell me. I checked to see that both pumps come on which they do, but maybe they don't have enough pressure to get me to the 100 psi. Only thing I am afraid of is if the injectors go static on me because I think Paxton pretty much maxs them out.

What lb injectors should you go with on a sc set up with 700 rwhp??

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not yet. I have one and need to put it on. I have about 50 PSI at idle. What PSI is it suppose to be at full throttle?

On my paxton set up at full boost, I am seeing about 80 PSI which I should be seeing 100 PSI from what the directions tell me. I checked to see that both pumps come on which they do, but maybe they don't have enough pressure to get me to the 100 psi. Only thing I am afraid of is if the injectors go static on me because I think Paxton pretty much maxs them out.

What lb injectors should you go with on a sc set up with 700 rwhp??

700 RWHP is about 810 +/- crank HP.
50lb/hr injector divided by .55 BSFC (safe figure for SC) = 90.91.
90.91 X 90% duty cycle = 81.82 X 10 injectors = 818 HP. So, you need each injector to supply about 50 lb/hr at max duty cycle for your particular pressure. Of course, pressure effects flow, so we take that into account by taking the "new" fuel pressure and dividing by the "rated" fuel pressure of the injector. Take this value, then determine the square root. Multiply the fuel injector rated volume (at old pressure) by the square root and you get the new fuel injector volume.
A stock red top Viper injector flows 29.6 lb/hr at 55 PSI / 100% duty cycle.
Stock fuel pressure at all times (stock) should be 55-58 PSI. Though "normal" is down to about 52 PSI under load.
Hope that helps.
Sean

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx Sean.....my bad. I guess I meant 55-60 instead of 45-50....way to many cars and numbers for an old man :)

Ab, Either way, you need to get the filter changed first.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how many times do people have to answer the question of fuel injector size for you Ab? This is the third time you have asked.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,
most of my questions have been different each time about fuel injectors. What you taking such a big offense to this? Or are you just trolling me? :confused: None the less, I will always ask questions even if it doesn't doesn't agree with you.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
most of my questions have been different each time about fuel injectors. What you taking such a big offense to this? Or are you just trolling me? :confused: None the less, I will always ask questions even if it doesn't doesn't agree with you.

I am not taking offense, just seems you are asking these questions for attention and not for knowledge as they have already been answered.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

I am not taking offense, just seems you are asking these questions for attention and not for knowledge as they have already been answered.

Dan, give me a fricking break! I ask questions for attention?? No I ask questions to know things. I don't come on this board to get attention. What's your deal man?? I got a great solution for ya....if you see a post with the signature "ab" on it, don't read it. Simple enough to understand?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, since you're trolling find my "3" post I made about asking about stock fuel pressure at idle and throttle. Maybe I have a forgetful mind.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come one ab. You are taking up all the precious time of us losers that have nothing better to do than post on this page and get mad at other peoples postings.