What is really covered in the Chrylser Extended Warranty?

LQQK_OUT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone had a write-up of what is really covered in the Chrysler Extended Warranty handy. I have the extended warranty and my car is currently in for service. Some items that I thought should be covered under the extended warranty are:

1. The rear latch (striker) unglued and came off my rear hatch. I was told this isn't covered under the extended warranty. Dealer said that the hatch needs to be replaced for $675

2. My right door still isn't aligned properly. Have had it in for service before and they never get it right. Different dealer and now I'm told this isn't covered.

3. Front windshield leaks. Never really had it out in a heavy rain storm till the last VOI. Again, not covered.

4. Door seals are falling off the doors. Not covered. Cost to replace $700.

Car is a 97 GTS with 31K miles that is garaged and basically an unabused weekend car. Am I getting the run around here? Should these things be covered? Do I really need to replace the rear glass?

Thanks,

Brett Bartick

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Service Contract should come with a list of covered components. There are different levels - i.e. Max Care, Extended care, etc. that will effect what is covered. I just packed up the Max Care contract to ship to he new owner of Henry's GTS or I would have it handy to look this up. Sorry.

Oops - just found this - check this site out for a listing of covered components at each contract level!

http://www.eservicecontracts.com/

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you for a fact that oil coolers are not covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is up will putting the oil cooler in front of the radiator and having no guard or shield over it????????????????????????

OP
OP
L

LQQK_OUT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update.
Chrylser will fix the rear hatch striker by replacing the glass on the rear hatch. Yipee! I'm one happy camper!

Brett

Bolax

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update.
Chrylser will fix the rear hatch striker by replacing the glass on the rear hatch. Yipee! I'm one happy camper!

Brett

Anyone know if there is a TSB or Recall for this? Just had the same thing happen and I can fix it with a "glass to metal" epoxy but this sounds promising. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang