What is the average time for an Arrow rebuild?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My engine has been out of the car about two weeks now and off for a tour of Arrow Racing facilites ( I'd love to go there myself!). How long did it take for the rebuild process to happen from start to finish, for any of you who have had to have your engines rebuilt? Just curious to find out the average length of repair. I've got the car back home right now and am detailing the engine compartment, will probably get a new clutch at the same time, since the tranny is out of the car too.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roland,I spoke with Arrow right after you engine went out and they said they were at a 6 week turn around time in house right now.Once it gets back to you dealer it should only take them 1-2 days to finish it up.

OP
OP
R

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Tom. Glad to see that their turn around time is shorter right now. I might be able to get it back before the real snow flies. Will have to get a new clutch before it all goes back together too! Will it hurt not to start the car up during the winter months after the rebuild? I probably will have it flat bedded back to the garage at home, especially if there is snow on the ground. It will be under hibernation until about the end of March.

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roland,

You're more than welcome to come back to Rhode Island and borrow my Viper! let me know i'll go gas it up!

Cheers

OP
OP
R

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, that's an offer I can hardly refuse! I am going to have to wait now, as I want to put it into its nice warm garage for the winter, once the heart transplant is completed. I want to let it rest until spring, then it will be "break in" time before VOI-7. Would imagine that you will be doing the same very soon too.

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roland, well after seeing what Afy (in Framingham Ma) did to his snake...i'm going to just retire mine for the winter. The New England weather is unpredictable as you know. Oh well, I'll start focusing on getting another everyday driver (have you seen Jaguar's X-Type???!!!??)

GTSFE304

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My arrow rebuid was back in two weeks,but more time is common. It was super strong, but I had already negotiated a new vehicle and Daimler bought it back. The new car is not as strong , at least not yet. Good luck.