What is the best leather protectant for the seats?

K

Kaya

What does everyone here use as a leather protectant for the seats on the SRTS. I am thinking the suede part needs something like a leather protectant like I use on my suede shoes. If I do that then the car will need to air out for a day after due to the fumes.

Please tell me what you do.....

Thanks Kaya

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not real(natural suede) it is similar to Alcantara(a brand name, which it could be im not sure) of synthetic suede. I dont think it would be good to use a shoe spray in youcar. look at the ingredients those sprays are loaded with silicones and petroleum products, which are an absolute NO NO on anything in or on a car that is not going to be replaced soon ie: tires and thats about it!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvan quote= =look at the ingredients those sprays are loaded with silicones and petroleum products, which are an absolute NO NO on anything in or on a car that is not going to be replaced soon ie: tires and thats about it!"

he is 100% cooect in never using a product with silcones or petroleum in it.

I have been using products made by stoner with no problems. Here is their web site. You can mix and match a case of 12 of their products or get their sampler. Hope this helps you out.
Robbie

www.stoneronline.com

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes, Lexol is great on leather - and inexpensive. It's probably one of the best choices for cars that have big leather areas, like a back seat. I've been using it in my Mustang for years. However, I would not put Lexol on the suede-like fabric in the Viper. It does not seem right...

Peter

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used lexol on my Ferrari which had light tan leather and it tended to darken the leather to a yellow color but this should not be a problem on the dark interior of our vipers.
Robbie

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
303 High Tech Fabric Guard is perfect for use on the suede part.
For the real leather parts, Leatherique probably has one the best products out there. There are of course many other excellent choices, like Zaino's "Leather in a bottle".
303 aerospace protectant works great for the dash and weatherstipping.

Peter

as I was typing this out I thought i'd check if anyone recommended it already and you got it dead on!!

303 high tech fabic guard on suede and leatherique for the leather is a 110% perfect combo... :2tu: