What is the "Daytona Edition" Viper?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the \"Daytona Edition\" Viper?

I assume this is a GTS dressed to look like the race version.

I have been waiting for my Viper since late August and I understand that the "Daytona" is being built now. I did not even know it existed. Any info?

Thanks,

Jim

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the \"Daytona Edition\" Viper?

There is no Daytona Viper being built at the factory. To be really clear there are no plans to build one either.
Regards,
Tony Estes
National President VCA

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No Factory Version, But I think that Autoform has a "paint/wing package" that they call the Daytona.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

WAKE UP !! WAKE UP !!

(You were just dreaming!)

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well Fitzgerald Motorsport made a car known as the LM Edition that was a stock GTS with the 98 Oreca style bodywork and paint.

They could be working on a newer version called the Daytona but its the first i've heard of it.

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe Hillsdale Dodge did the LM Edition Viper. Autoform Development has a "Daytona Package" that you can buy to make your Viper look like the Championship Car. The package includes a wing, splitter, fascia and several other items. Give them a call at (616)392-4909.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

There was a "Daytona Package" considered prior to 2001 production, and some news of it even "leaked" out to our Viper Nation...but, the package was nixed.

I believe you can easily make your own with the following ingredients:

1) Red ACR Coupe (no stripes please)
2) Add 2 WHITE stripes down center of car
3) Add GT2 wing and Ground effects (available through many of our vendors)
4) Add #91 Decals to side of car, DODGE header decals to windshield
5) Add a dash of Mobil 1, Michelin, and Playstation decals
6) Stir vigorously and serve

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"...the "Daytona" is being built now"

Sadly, this is not the case. I was at CAAP yesterday, and saw no Daytonas being built (matter of fact, I don't think that I saw a single red Viper, just yellow and sapphire blue (with and without stripes).

There was a big blue wall up in the back (for secrecy), but they are working on the '03 (that is what we were told anyway!)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

UPDATE: The Near Future! Daytona Int'l Speedway. (Next week!)

Autoform debuts the "Daytona GTS/R - GTO Concept", at 2001 Rolex-24, with cooperation of Daytona Speedway. (This is a P/R debut, not on-track. No Vipers so far entered or tested.)

After this debut, our friends at AutoForm will indeed release the "Daytona Commemorative Package." It will include a renovation of YOUR Viper (or one from Woodhouse?) at the AutoForm facility. A new splitter, facia, airbox, wing, hood louvre, graphics package, etc, etc are among the highlights.

Jerry at AutoForm has allowed me to make this sneak-peek post of info, but watch for P/R photos posted here soon. Planned price for the package at this preview is "around $12,000"

JonB

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be at Daytona next week for the Rolex 24. I'll be watching for the Daytona Edition presentation you mentioned Jon. Are any other Viperholics going? So your saying no Vipers are regestired as of yet to run the Rolex 24? That's to bad. Hope somebody steps up and races.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Should be a beautiful car considering the quality Autoform puts into everything else. I think they will draw alot of interest , especially premiering at the Rolex 24 hrs.

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i'm going to that awesome race in daytona. i'm coming from tampa, and a friend of mine is flying in from oakland to come, too. as of right now, there are at least 2 vipers (chamberlain engineering) racing, with a few others as possibilities. i wonder if an oreca viper will grace the "daytona ledgends" ceremonial lap. for the complete entry list, go to www.totalmotorsport.com they will have the complete entry list for the race. when will they be doing the unveiling? do you know the day or time?

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am going to be there, I am driving down from Richmond, Virginia. It is my car that Autoform is going to be introducing this weekend. I am pretty excited about seeing it live for the first time. Those guys do a great job. I hope to be able to meet alot of Viper Club members. I will be driving my 99 Prowler with a buddy in a 99 Yellow Prowler. Please look for us there. From my understanding the car is going to situated out front of the race track roped off.

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT COLOR="Red">The Autoform Limited Edition Daytona Commemorative Package is here!</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Black">I will be posting additional information on the package later in the week, along with additional pictures. If you want more information, please call Jerry at Autoform (616)392-4909.</FONT c>

You must be registered for see images

<FONT COLOR="Red">(Photo Courtesy of Bernie Katz, owner of Autoform Daytona Prototype Package #1)</FONT c>

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Great Job! Awesome details!

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT size="4">The Autoform Limited Edition Daytona Commemorative Package is here!</FONT s>

Here are two more pictures of Bernie Katz's Viper with Autoform Daytona Prototype Package #1. (Photos Courtesy of Harley Koopman, Photographer)

<FONT size="4">

This package comes with: Stripes, Autoform Fascia & Splitter (painted & installed), Center Hood Louver (Painted & Installed), Autoform GTS Rollbar (Installed),Autoform GTS filler panel with carbon fiber look (Installed), Roof Vent (Painted & Installed), Autoform GTS Wing (Painted & Installed)a decal package and a certificate of authenticity.</FONT s>

<FONT size="4">Please call Jerry or Eric at Autoform Development, Inc. (616)392-4909 for additional options and pricing.</FONT s>

Ken Diemer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At this time, Autoform is planning to limit production to 24 units, to signify the 24 hour race. As for options, #11, #12, & #13 will be available for Saphire Blue Vipers, to signify the midnite hours of the race. The certificates of authenticity will be numbered in regards to overall production. Feel free to call Jerry or Eric at (616) 392-4909 for additional information.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala