What is the deal with this rt/10? Please give youre input.

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This rt10 seems too good to be true. The reserve was already met at 36,000. Is there anyone in his area that would consider taking a look at it for me because i am the high bidder so far and if i win the auction i would like to purchase it if the frame isnt bent. The car fax comes back clean but we all know how accurate carfax is. Thank you as always guys, Kevin

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 280230874801 end time Jun-06-08 10:17:01 PDT)

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 02 graphite is still a possibility, im waiting for the seller to make a decision if he wants stoop to my budget. He has had it listed for a while and i think he just wants to get rid of it before he moves.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This rt10 seems too good to be true. The reserve was already met at 36,000. Is there anyone in his area that would consider taking a look at it for me because i am the high bidder so far and if i win the auction i would like to purchase it if the frame isnt bent. The car fax comes back clean but we all know how accurate carfax is. Thank you as always guys, Kevin

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 280230874801 end time Jun-06-08 10:17:01 PDT)

Man, for only a few thousand miles the front seat looks bad. Either the miles are wrong or the person who drove it weighs 600 pounds...:D I hate that interior color (personal preference).

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 30 mins from this car. If the seller would be willing to drive it to my area I can look it over for you tomorrow. Only if you are being real about buying a Viper.

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with others that the driver's seat shows signs of a car driven much, much more than what the odometer claims.

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint looks HORRIBLE for 3300 miles! Here is 2 pics of my '99 with 38,000 miles on it, no paint work and no photoshop. My advice is to buy something the owner took care of..

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, for only a few thousand miles the front seat looks bad. Either the miles are wrong or the person who drove it weighs 600 pounds...:D

AGREED!!! The mileage does not match the condition.

I agree with others that the driver's seat shows signs of a car driven much, much more than what the odometer claims.

WOW, this is a tough crowd to be insinuating that there is some odometer fraud going on with this sale, based on some low resolution photos. For all you know this car belongs to a fellow respectable VCA member.

Are you guys referring to the wrinkles? If so, I see your point. One thing that I know for sure is that Dodge is known the world over for its attention to detail and the perfection it is able to achieve in the quality of interiors that it puts in its high end cars. ;)

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live about 30 mins from this car. If the seller would be willing to drive it to my area I can look it over for you tomorrow. Only if you are being real about buying a Viper.

Thank you very much for the offer, i am extremely serious about buying a viper. I have to talk to the seller tomorrow and i will see about setting something up. I will shoot you a pm if we can set something up. I will gladly compensate you for your time as well.

In regard to the seats........ Im not sure about black but i KNOW FOR A FACT that the cognac looks like that right after a sweaty ass get off of it. It somehow stretches out and then after it cools off it shrinks back to normal. Im not making this up because i have seen it in every cognac i have looked at.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the offer, i am extremely serious about buying a viper. I have to talk to the seller tomorrow and i will see about setting something up. I will shoot you a pm if we can set something up. I will gladly compensate you for your time as well.

In regard to the seats........ Im not sure about black but i KNOW FOR A FACT that the cognac looks like that right after a sweaty ass get off of it. It somehow stretches out and then after it cools off it shrinks back to normal. Im not making this up because i have seen it in every cognac i have looked at.

There was a scumbag here in CT with a yellow RT/10 that boasted about how he disconnected the speedometer so he can show low miles. I don't know how one would check for signs of speedometer tampering but it should be checked out regardless. My fat ass gets sweaty enough and after 10Kmiles of driving in my Viper even my seats don't look that bad.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the paint looks horrid! i cant believe that he didnt wash it before taking sales photos. if that stuff is not bug guts, i would stay away from it.

vipertony, there is a guy in here selling a yellow rt/10 cheap and he is from ct. is that the guy??

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, my '01 RT/10 (just sold) had Cognac interior, and did the exact same thing every time I got out of it (even when my a$$ wasn't sweaty). The next day, the wrinkles were gone and the seats were back to normal. The car's paint may have been neglected, but that's easily corrected. If someone can check it out to verify that it is a "no stories" car I think it would be a great deal.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the paint looks horrid! i cant believe that he didnt wash it before taking sales photos. if that stuff is not bug guts, i would stay away from it.

vipertony, there is a guy in here selling a yellow rt/10 cheap and he is from ct. is that the guy??

I don't think that's it, the one I'm referring to is an '01 with Borla headers.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the guy and i got a little more information on the car. He bought the car on ebay a year and a half ago with 2,900 miles from a exotic car shop in vegas. He told me name but it escapes me at the moment. I mentioned to him that the car had been in canada to begin its life and it was news to him. He is selling the car because his business is in the crapper and he needs to get rid of his toys, (i know that a vrey common story). When i asked if someone could look at it for me he was very receptive and accomodating. I had mentioned to him that i would like to have said person look at it on a lift and he said he would set something up. Everything sounds legit so far. Sounds like a good deal to me if im not mistaken.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT/10 with cognac, and I take offense to my ass being called sweaty. It is firm, and hot.

Very happy with my interior, way more compliments than I can count and always a one of a kind at any show except maybe a VOI. I take good care of the seats, always using a leather cleaner/conditioner to keep looking good. No cracks after 20-something K miles....who's counting ? My own preference, I wanted a car that everyone esle does not have. 2000 Steel Gray with Cognac....go out and find one. This car is black ? Colors still look good.

AS far as the paint is concerned ? Wow, you guys are tough. Depends on how the car was driven. I track mine, street, long drives....hey it takes a beating.

AC

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a closer look at the pics. The paint ???? I'd go look at it. I would not judge by pics.

The seat ? Yeah, some serious wrinkles. That has not happened to mine. I'd bet you can get it stretched and re-fit by a good seat guy. Other than that, I think the interior condition is great. the stock matts ****. They fold up under your feet, have to invest in a better pair of Snake Oyl matts.

Who knows why the guy is selling ? It's worth a look.

AC

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big wrinkle are because the leather streched and the guy must have just got out of the seat. I went to look at an rt with cognac a while back and i remember the seats being perfect when i showed up and then after we got back from driving around they looked just like those in the pic.

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
look at the shift knob too...it looks warn for 3xxx miles too...i know these things happen to the cognac interior, but it seems early for that! just my .02!

i'd go look at it if it were me!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care for the interior color but it looks to be a decent car. The pics are bad resolution and the car isn't that clean in the pictures. If it hasn't been wrecked it's probably a good deal. It's amazing what a good detailing can do. I'm about an hour from it. If he's willing to drive some I could meet him as well.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt win the auction, my max bid was 38,500 and it sold for 39,000. Oh well

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you may be better off. In Vegas they rent these cars and exotic car rentals, and they take a beating. I dont know if this is the case here or not. I have look at these cars to rent when I was out there, and amoung other things some of the Speedometers were not working on the Ford GT/40 and a Beamer the viper they had was repainted from several times from several accidents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4