What is this model Viper worth?

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this model and bought it on Ebay for about $40 new in the box. I think these models were over $100 at some point. The main reason I bought this model was for the the soft top that is included. It is the only Viper RT/10 model I have with a soft top on it and I have a lot of Viper models.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this model and bought it on Ebay for about $40 new in the box. I think these models were over $100 at some point. The main reason I bought this model was for the the soft top that is included. It is the only Viper RT/10 model I have with a soft top on it and I have a lot of Viper models.

Thanks, I can stomach $40 for it. Anymore than $50 and I'd have trouble pulling the trigger. I'll keep my eye out for a deal on one.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its really a nicely done Gen I RT! I have one, don't display it quite yet, still new in box. It's a great addition, but not for $150. If you're patient, you can get it for a lot less...I picked mine up for $29 + ship!!! I think I got mine really REALLY cheap, but would have paid a little more. I see them pretty often, so they are around, just get one that you think is fairly priced.

Here is a series of closeup photos to show why this is such a great replica...very detailed in every respect, much better than Maisto or Bburago versions.

http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.8822/qx/reviewpix.htm

I did quickly check around for prices and the cheapest I found is $79. My $29 price seems way low now that I look at it...a super bargain!

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Is the antenna detachable? I found some with the window sticker, but the antenna was not there. I could see a place for it to attach, so just wondering if it is detachable.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't really looked, think the antenna was in the box along with anything else that was to be attached. I'll have to take a look next time I have a minute to find it.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the antenna detachable? I found some with the window sticker, but the antenna was not there. I could see a place for it to attach, so just wondering if it is detachable.

With mine it does, came in a separate small plastic bag.

As far as price goes, mine was also around $40 so keep looking for those deals and leave the chicken-with-golden-eggs alone, lol :)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked mine and the antenna is in the original factory plastic wrapper in the box. Window sticker is attached.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a quick search and the cheapest I found was $79. I'll keep looking.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$40...seems like a good price considering all the others I've seen lately.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny....but he is part of our Red Viper Nation!!!!

By the way, is the red RT the only Viper made by Revell's Creative Masters brand?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That link shows their Camaro, but nothing on Viper...and, couldn't do search on their site for any other Creative Masters cars. :(

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they had a limited offering, about 10 or so cars, all issued in 2000, ranging in price from $99 to $129:

http://www.motorsportcollector.com/CreativeMasters.html

Actually, here is a more comprehensive listing of Creative Masters cars...unfortunately, this is the only Viper in their lineup:
http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/ht....Revell+Creative+Masters/qx/reviewresults.htm

Also, Chad, is this the one found at $40....6 days left, opening bid is $39.99. Just in case it isn't, here's the link to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Revell-Creative...=280664132564&ps=63&clkid=9194272744458859677

Last edited:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That link shows their Camaro, but nothing on Viper...and, couldn't do search on their site for any other Creative Masters cars. :(

The link showed the webpage where I found the quote. It was at the end of the third paragraph.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, saw it! They did a bunch of Shelby's, a few Cobras some others, but only one Viper....too bad, great attention to detail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave