What kind of changes do you expect to see on the 2015 Viper?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure where all the negativity about this car comes from. I'll give you I didn't buy an early 13 and there may have been teething pains,but the 14 I have is not comparable to any of the previous Vipers.There is no area of measurement where this car is not far superior to all previous Generations!(can't speak to its ability on the track) If your driving a gen2 and are delusional enough to believe your car is superior in any way, I would tell you it's time for shock therapy. If you say you prefer the body on another Gen I'll allow it. Even if your wrong:)
But I will pull my gen 5 next to your pristine gen 1,2,3,4, and you will be embarrassed with the difference in build quality, paint quality and overall finish. I've owned a genII and IV and neither of those cars comes close to this car. As far as long term value these cars are likely to hold their value like all previous gens. If you paid 150k it would seem there has been a market correction and your likely to loose some money but these GTS's going for 100k are money in the bank.
Thankfully I'm not opinionated or biased so this should be the final word on the GenV:)
I gotta go drive!

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright. I got the message...no need to get up in arms. I'm not some troll trying to denounce the VCA or burn the building down. I'll be purchasing a new Viper in the future but it will be in addition to my 96. I'd have to trade it in to do it now and I couldn't bear to trade in my "first love". Ahem....sorry for the cage rattling : )

Thank you very much. We're all Viper fans and here to more fully enjoy our passion...which ever Gen that might be. Good luck choosing your next one!

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT trim should be the track version of the Viper
The GTS trim should be the "Turbo S" forced induction version of the Viper

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright. I got the message...no need to get up in arms. I'm not some troll trying to denounce the VCA or burn the building down. I'll be purchasing a new Viper in the future but it will be in addition to my 96. I'd have to trade it in to do it now and I couldn't bear to trade in my "first love". Ahem....sorry for the cage rattling : )

Didn't mean to poke you specifically, it's a generality thing, also didn't mean to suggest you're a troll by any means, I've had a 2,3, and 4 gen but not gen5 .. yet. Just gets a little edgy in this particular forum sometimes.

Man, I checked out the alley, haven't been there in a while, seems more like the viper haters club from posts I was reading. I guess I just don't get it lately, things seem so negative. Viper forums were like the stang forums, so brotherly & passionate about all gens of the car. Lately in our circles it seems we've lost something. Considering how competitive the gen5 truly is it's hard to figure why. Hec if I could it my darned head in it, I'd e shopping more diligently for one. lol I'm hoping for a vert for the sake of my XL melon head.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. Sad that Viper owners often do the hating on newer generations on this site. Also, if we sat around and waited for "the next best thing" to happen, then we'd never buy anything. Every car gets improved a little, for each model year. This isn't specific to the Viper. I fully expect newer models to be better than my '13. But, I don't sit around and wait. I get out there and LIVE. Who says I can't buy something newer later on? Nobody.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back on topic: Maybe the snake gets those Trofeo's finally? Would love to see this along with a rematch with the AMG Black, ZR1 etc.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to beat a dead horse, but after reading this post about trading in my first love, I have to say it hit a nerve with me, and may be others to. I am in the same boat as Free2go is, boy I am attached to my 99 GTS, even if I hit the lottery I would feel sick to off my 99, we are all big kids proud of there toys, I will speak for my self, I am jealous, envious and anything else you can think of , the people who have the new GenV , I know my 99 is a slow gokart next to a GenV which is better in every way, but its human nature and the little kid in us to make up stuff why we do not want the new Viper, in the end we are all Viper fans, so its like what my Dad used to tell me, when you are at the top people will talk, when they stop talking thats when to worry. Anyway I am very envious in a good way to all you GenV owners.:2tu:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back on topic: Maybe the snake gets those Trofeo's finally? Would love to see this along with a rematch with the AMG Black, ZR1 etc.

Me to, that race was B.S there is no way the AMG Black is faster, so much depends on who is driving, and a goof ball was driving the Viper.:mad:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the Gens, I just get worked up when the Gen5 is ran down by the uninformed!
I will tell you that when they loaded my 2001 Sapphire Gts in the trailer after receiving my 08 ACR there was a bit of a sick feeling. After driving the ACR I felt pretty good though:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala