What kind of power should I expect to pick up by changing exhausts?

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last time on the dyno my car made 893rwhp under really hot temps (100*). I have the bellanger (2.5" i think) exhaust right now w/the crossover. The car is insanely loud as it is, but my question is. If my tuner makes a custom 3" or 3.5" exhaust going straight out the sides, will I pick up much HP and if so how much would you guess? Is it going to be unbarably loud? Thanks--Andy

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to own your car If I am not mistaken. It did'nt make any difference in power. It was delivered from Doug with side pipes. It was so loud I would get headaches. Don't replace the crossovers with side pipes. Unless you only drive 10 or 20 miles in a row. BTW it has stock crossovers with Balangers

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And she will make 900rwhp in 75 degree weather ;)

Thanks for the heads up Kenric! You saved me a lot of trouble. And yes, it's your old car. Absolutely awesome car! You don't have any of the old receipts by chance do you? What made you get rid of the car in the first place?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a deal I could'nt refuse on that Viper. It is a monster! I LOVE that Viper!!! Congrats on owning that beast!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took over a year for the build on that Viper. I spent a ton of time on her. Calling to check on her flying down to Florida ect..........plus lots of money

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang