What Nitrous safety features are available for Vipers?

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using a BTR NOS/propane/gas kit and was wondering if there are any NOS safety features available to be used on the Viper. I have never ran juice on a car without a fuel pressure safety switch and an electronic box to pull timing out when activated.

My brand new Mallory pump for the gas injection took a crap on the dyno. I would like to prevent the juice from ever working if I lost fuel pressure again. Any Nitrous users out there using a fuel pressure safety switch or timing retard box?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple UK guys have brought BTR kits this year (one was a propane), they both had installed numerous safety devices which didnt come with the kit, which caters for everything except a blocked nozzle. Thats all I know, no technincal info.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presently don't have any fuel presure safety switches. I am not sure but I have heard of people having problems with them on the viper.

As for other safety devices, I just put in a Nitrous RPM Window Switch/ Small shift light / Digital tach combination unit. Really is cool and works good. I can now program the nitrous to come on at what ever RPM I want to start spraying (of course once the main switch is on and the full throttle switch is on). I can also program it to stop spraying at the high end RPM, to avoid spraying should you ever bump the rev limiter.
Now it is nice I can arm the system and go full throttle and don't have to think about what RPM I am at the Shift light takes care of it.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ton of safety stuff built into my system. It has a fuel pressure cutoff, O2 sensor that shuts it down if it leans out, a window switch that turns it on or off at whatever rpm I want, and a wide open throttle switch that also delays the spray for a tenth of a second after shifts in case I miss a gear. It should be fool proof, but I'm sure I'll find my way around that! ;)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a WOT switch, fuel pressure switch, and Viper-modded MSD window switch. Plus the regular blow down tube, gauge, and I have a remote bottle opener and bottle warmer blanket.

I had bought a NOS-brand progressive controller box. But I didn't like the idea of a system that required a backup solenoid in line because the constantly strobing/pulsing main solenoid was actually expected to fail under use.

So I didn't install that unit, and everything works fine.
I just short-shift in first. ;)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a vec2 and a saftey on the propane but the max #'s that I got so far I haven't even had to retard anything. The propane is a great way to go. The fuel saftey is comming asap.

vd..

OP
OP

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll check on getting the NOS rpm switch and a fuel pressure safety switch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog