What REAR tires should I get?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is a near daily driver. I don't really care about wear too much, but I want something that will last say 10,000+ miles. It has the original Pilots on the back, and I recently put Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's up front. They seem to grip a lot better, so I was thinking of putting them in the back too. I had them on both of my Mustangs, and they were the best gripping tire I used on them.

So should I get some 712's for the back, or something else?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long did Kumhos last on your Mustang? A Viper won't be any better.

I run Michelin on the street because of the longevity. No doubt Kumhos grip better but I get my speed fix at the track so I'm more interested in a lasting tire for the street.

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just replaced my rear Pilots with Kumhos and can't get the smile off my face. From wheelhop and fishtailing to hooking up, best move I've made and I don't care about the wear.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumhos are the BEST for the street. But to get 10k out of them, you'll really have to drive like a *****! :p

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumhos are the BEST for the street. But to get 10k out of them, you'll really have to drive like a *****! :p
I wear through the fronts, evenly, before the rears. Does this make me a *****? Shopping for the third set of tires, now at 20Kmi. I'm thinking of moving away from Michelin Brand. My driving habits mostly consists of two hour drives to club meetings and local autocross. Highway and autocross is a nasty mix for one set of tires. DOT 17" tire Suggestions?

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bump...

wear bars are showing on my pilots & will need new sneaks...

and best place to get - tirerack or jon b? anywhere else?