What tire would be great for the street, drags and handle good?

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the tires will go on a 18 inch rim
the car is a 2000 rt10 with full exhaust, smooth tubes and k &n's
The car might go to the drag track once or twice a year otherwise its in city crusing

I want a tire that will be good at the drags and great of the street
I was thinking of a bfg drag radial but is there something else that is almost as sticky and will be great for the handling part as well unlike the straight line drag radial
I herd that kuhmo's are good? do they make 18"
How about the bfg g force r1's?
or the hoosiers?

What would you recommend?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat! I guess the Pilot Sport Cup is the way to go. Anyone have these on? Whattaya think?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pilot Cup is probably too stiff a sidewall to launch well at the drags. Pilot Sport is an excellent all-around tire. BFG g-force DR is far superior for launch grip, but sacrifices handling. Competition roadrace tires (like kumhos) are a poor choice because they need to be warmed up, and have very stiff sidewalls.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAs anyone here run Pirelli' Zero's?

They go up to 355/25 on 19" rims but make compatible sizes if not exactly for stock wheels.

Lambo's run them and they enjoy a pretty good reputation over here too. They're always amongst the top performers in ultra high performance comparisons I've seen anyway.

Bridgestone SO2's are awesome but unfortunately don't make em big enough for the Viper.... sadly

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pilot Cup is probably too stiff a sidewall to launch well at the drags. Pilot Sport is an excellent all-around tire. BFG g-force DR is far superior for launch grip, but sacrifices handling. Competition roadrace tires (like kumhos) are a poor choice because they need to be warmed up, and have very stiff sidewalls.

Pilot Sports have a stiff sidewall too! They just don't work well for maximum traction. The Cups seem like a logical choice! Great handling and better traction than regular Pilots! Probably not the best for the drags, but better than stock. Don't ya think? :confused: