What to do about scratches???

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DLM car is really clean but I have two small problems.

I have two deep scratches that are on the drivers door. they have a blob of touch up paint on them now. what should I do?

1. not worry about it, you have to look but they are noticible when you are close to the car.

2. Paint it and how do you paint just the door??? would it be necessary to paint half the car for it to match or all of it.

any Idea on cost?

outside of this the car is in Excellent shape!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a good painter can do just a door. only possible problem is it being red, surrounding body mighta faded a bit due to sunlight

matt lankford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a top body shop will use a computer to do the color match. my sister has a 95 red cobra that just got only the door painted and it came out good

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dr. Roof, I just had my side sill repainted due to scratches. I took off the sill and dropped it off at the shop, it matched perfectly when installed back on the car. They use a computer measurements to match the paint.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went to a paint shop and told them I have a 98 Dodge VIper, Red and they mixed me perfectly matching paint. A good painter will simply fill the scratch and blend.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do get it fixed, be sure you take a few photos of it before you fix it. That way if someone detects that the door was painted later on you can show them the reason why and that it was not due to an accident.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Donzi, that is a very good suggestion.

I also agree with having the door blended. I will be near impossible to find the marks, especially if the put a good coat of clear over it and match the factory orange peel. Some body shops over sand, making the repainted surface smoother than the factory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang