What to do?

IWishIHadaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K., I've been a Viper fan since they 1st came out and I've lurked on this forum for years. I'm interested in a Vert and I'm finally in a position to buy. There are great deals on low mileage 08-10s in the mid to high 60s. Should I jump on one of these or wait until the new Vert comes out (God knows how long that will take...2014? 2015?).

Summer is around the corner.....what do you think?

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fan more of the new Viper because of how much more refine it is. I have the patience to wait on something like this. This is a matter of patience.....if you can't wait, then we know what you will do. If you can, the new Vert will be a baaaad *****......

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm a drop top guy myself....but i loved the gen V so much that I just went for the coupe since i have zero patience to wait for the vert :omg:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a vert now, you can always up grade to a new one in a few years. plus a vert now will be half the price of a new one in two years.

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I faced a similar choice in November, I had a 2000 RT10, My Viper has to be convertible so instead of waiting two years for Gen V Vert. Found a two month old B/W 2010 Absolutely LOVE it! Best Viper by far, no regrets. Half the price of a B/W GTS Gen V. Get the Viper now and
enjoy the ride!

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with SL Viper. Love the Gen V but didn't want to wait any longer, plus couldn't validate spending that much money on a new Viper. Got an awesome deal on my 2008 back in August 2012 and it was almost new with just under 1,900 miles on the clock! It was also 1 of 9 verts ever produced in this color combo (GTS Blue with Silver Stripes) so I swiped it up knowing it was incredibly rare in one of the best color combos ever and was guaranteed to be a future classic. The Gen IV is an instant classic as it is the LAST of the Supercars or regular cars that has no driver aids, and is truly the modern day version of the Shelby Cobra. As much as I love and want a Gen V, you can't say that about them as they are now chock full of driver nannies, but it is more of a GT car than the Gen IV with its luxury features and refinements. While I wouldn't mind some of those features, I also love the brute rawness of my Viper.

Soooooooo, what's the take home? It's completely your choice, but I will tell you that I couldn't love my Gen IV vert any more than I do, and just thinking about the fact that I own my dream car puts a smile on my face. Is the Gen V worth 2-3 times what I paid for my Gen IV? I'll tell you after I drive one, but I can't imagine a much bigger smile on my face than the one that is sitting there right now.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you get (and send pics!!!!)

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carpe diem! If in your heart you want a vert, go with a Gen IV. Last week we had our NorCal VCA dinner, and I watched as Maurice Liang pulled away slowly in his Gen IV hardtop. That is one badass car. It may be 2, or who knows 3 or more years until the Gen V vert is out. Enjoy today. You can always sell it later and get the new one when it comes out.