What will $48,000 buy in a Viper in today's market?

Elise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will $48,000 buy in a Viper in today\'s market?

And what are the best prices people are seeing on new (irrespective of year of production) purchases from dealers?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What will $48,000 buy in a Viper in today\'s market?

When you say new, do you mean BRAND NEW 05, 06 etc. Because of course as you know it wont buy a new Viper but would be a nice down payment. Vipers are being bought for $60-70K new right now. Otherwise you could pick up a low mileage used Gen III for $50k or a nice Gen II GTS for that money and have your car paid off. There are alot of good buys,just have to look around.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$48,000 could buy you a real nice GEN I or a GEN II with a higher mileage but in the SRT market, that will get you a HIGH mile 2003 but that is only if you look really hard and wait a while as under $50K for a SRT is almost unheard of.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with F355, $48k will buy you a nice Gen II, clean with low miles.
Gen III you're looking at mid $50s for a decent one with low miles.
You might find a 10k+ mile Gen III for low $50s, if you find one in the $40s, well, it most likely will only be worth $40s due to condiion, miles, etc.

Good luck!

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Vipers are being bought for $60-70K new right now.

Please point me to where I can buy a NEW SRT for 60K. The lowest I have seen is mid 60's for a new '05.....

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Please point me to where I can buy a NEW SRT for 60K. The lowest I have seen is mid 60's for a new '05.....

Thats exactly what I was saying, between 60-70K. 05 NEW, and Ive seen one for 63K one for $66k,so thats ballpark. Go to Hartzheim Dodge in San Jose, if you want to be pointed somewhere...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thats exactly what I was saying, between 60-70K. 05 NEW, and Ive seen one for 63K one for $66k,so thats ballpark. Go to Hartzheim Dodge in San Jose, if you want to be pointed somewhere...

I don't need to be pointed for Mid 60's...they are around. :) 60k- 70k indicated the high and low of it. Was looking for the 60k car.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I'm gonna hold out because when the new 650hp version comes out, the other models will decrease even a little more. You will see slightly used SRT's in the 40's. You wont find a brand new viper in any year for 48k because the SRT's are in the 60's and if a Gen II is new it's a collectors item and there is no telling how much it will be. There are lots of good Gen II deals at 48k though.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think I'm gonna hold out because when the new 650hp version comes out, the other models will decrease even a little more. You will see slightly used SRT's in the 40's. You wont find a brand new viper in any year for 48k because the SRT's are in the 60's and if a Gen II is new it's a collectors item and there is no telling how much it will be. There are lots of good Gen II deals at 48k though.

Well..there won't be a 650 HP until 2010...if they decide to continue with the Viper at that point. Keep in mind the '08 is a Gen3 car...with maybe 80hp more...but a much higher price to be sure. Unless it comes in at a low price (indications are that it won't)...the '06 and previous years will be "bargains in the 50's, 60,s, and even 70's.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I picked up my 03 SRT/10 for $48,600, it took searching diligently for about 2 months & it's in great shape, 10K miles, owned by an old dude that didn't like the hot stiff ride, etc., not a ding or chip on it.

I found most guys I talked to asking in the $53-54 range were easy to get to $52, only 2 others I talked to were willing to hit $49. I really needed to be as low as possible to have the $ I need for my planned mods - if you can spend up to $53-54, i found great cars out there easily at this price point - the Viper is truly the bang for buck, crazy power, unique, and exotic classy looks with a sports/muscle car feel for this kind of money is a crazy deal.

D.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I picked up my 03 SRT/10 for $48,600, it took searching diligently for about 2 months & it's in great shape, 10K miles, owned by an old dude that didn't like the hot stiff ride, etc., not a ding or chip on it.

I found most guys I talked to asking in the $53-54 range were easy to get to $52, only 2 others I talked to were willing to hit $49. I really needed to be as low as possible to have the $ I need for my planned mods - if you can spend up to $53-54, i found great cars out there easily at this price point - the Viper is truly the bang for buck, crazy power, unique, and exotic classy looks with a sports/muscle car feel for this kind of money is a crazy deal.

D.

Well said. "Bang for the Buck" and Viper have not been used alot together in the past...but with the current pricing, and the ease of mods...that is what it is. And great looking to boot!!

PS Great buy on your car!!

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree totally. Limited production, hand built, American V-10 muscle, world class braking, fully convertible mid $50s is a great value.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree totally. Limited production, hand built, American V-10 muscle, world class braking, fully convertible mid $50s is a great value.

I was having trouble getting in under LWViper so I posted under Elise (my Lotus). Actually found a new 05 Viper for $66K. I am astounded at how inexpensive Gen III vipers are at the moment. An unbelievable bargain.

On the other hand, after driving the 05 Viper, and my Elise back to back, I realize that I'm not quite ready to leave the Lotus behind just yet for a 3400 pound car, even one as truly terrific as the Viper.

Thanks for your help everyone. :usa:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score

48,000 will get ya a Black 1999 RT10 with 12,000 miles and I happen to have one for sale

Russ